Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

How has the Sleeve Changeed your Life

1. PHATDIVABBW
    PHATDIVABBW
    I know everyone loses at a different rate but what is the average for someone of our size? I know once I'm under 400 I will feel so much better. I will be able to walk and move more freely and hopefully in less pain. At 5'4" 448 pounds my knees and back were giving out on me and I was headed without a doubt to a wheelchair.

I get sleeved on May 17th.
  2. missliz0850
    missliz0850
    I was 421 when I started. Sleeved July 7 just 10 days ago and I'm down to 379 including pre op 21 pounds dropped before surgery. I can stand and walk and bend and reach so much better. Sex with hubby is 10x better. This is my best decision yet. I miss food and I'm not even far along to be on pureed foods yet but I know this was the right choice. Happy.
  3. aleos210
    aleos210
    i was 504 as of june 24th 2012, surgery june 25th and now 36 days later im 449-450 about 54 lbs down and feeling great!!! walking without sweating kneeling no problem and yes sex is muuucchhhh better lol
  4. bigsexy
    bigsexy
    Im currently 381lbs....WOW ....@ 4 months out.... I walk as I can...I do only 3 days a week...Im in Michigan ....I just turned 46 on the 1st!!!! I look like Im in my 30s...My family is tripping everytime they see me...They are OMG U DOING IT....My only regret is I didn't do it sooner....Praying for you ALL...Tryn to stay in touch ....Huggzzzzzzzz
  5. Husky fan
    Husky fan
    I started this journey at 476 lbs and had surgery in December 2012. I am now 5 months post-op and am down to 348 lbs and feel great! Having the gastric sleeve has been even better than I imagined. My back pain is essentially gone and I am so much more active and enjoying life more. Friends and family are so shocked when they see me and are so proud and happy for me. The best part is being able to be more active with my 3 year old daughter and not miss out on things due to pain.
  6. halfthemaniusedobe
    halfthemaniusedobe
    I was 425 in January.....384 on day of surgery.....and now I am 358!!!! WHAT!!!! I feel worlds better!!! I haven't had to take a diabetic pill for 5 weeks and my sugars have only been as high as 133.....Game Changer!!!
  7. ToyaReady4Change
    ToyaReady4Change
    Can't wait to feel the way all you guys do.. I have about 3 weeks.. I started 489 I am now 475 my doc want me at 465 I'm trying bit now I think its enough. But I got to work hard to get this 10 off.. But I'm glad everyone is enjoying there journey.. Can't wait..
  8. mevernham
    mevernham
    My wife tells me that I don't waddle anymore, LOL. I was 425 in February and am 363 now. I feel much better than I have in a long time.
  9. harrygill
    harrygill
    hey there my initial weight and highest weight was 411 lbs at 6'2" was given 10% to loose by self pre-op which bought me down to 388 on surgery date had surgery on 27th june 2013 and today iam at 378lbs , which is pretty cool but cant really feel anything goin since the pain from incisions is keeping me away from being happy :P , the most amazing part is i dont feel hungry like ever even if i do i drink a sip of water - abra ka dabra its gone in a second , drinking about 4 ounces of cranberry or apple juice and some time a lil bit of chicken broth and today goin to try crystal light orange flavour cant wait to start getting protien shakes in , good luck to every one else who is thinking to get one and who all ready got one
  10. Froo72
    Froo72
    The sleeve has changed my life by taking away the negative emotions I use to feel when I would binge on something, cause I can't binge anymore, so I no longer feel the need to binge like I use to - so the cycle is broken. By making me realize there are other things to do in life besides eat, because since I can no longer use food as a hobby or a medication I HAVE to find other things to do. By making success & massive weight loss attainable, because I have lost in 4 months what took me 3 years of *ss-busting work & frustration to shed on ineffective expensive programs like WW, and I feel more confident that I will keep it off this time! I have more energy, I don't regularly ache, I feel more human, I'm no longer massively depressed, I don't NEED the regular psychotherapy sessions I was receiving, I don't want to die everyday. My husband is more attentive. Hygiene is easier. I feel better in my clothes and don't have to hunt for the largest size I can find and settle for an unflattering "tent". I don't worry about breaking toilet seats or the bed or the couch. I can easily fit in my car. I don't get the stares I use to get. I can fit in most restaurant booths, and feel hopeful that one day I will fit in ALL of them. I can sleep on my back. I actually enjoy and prefer the healthier food options now because I want to get the most nutrition for my buck and don't feel so stuffed and bloated, but I don't feel completely horrible if I allow myself something sweet or salty once in awhile because I can't polish off the whole box or bag anymore so a serving or less satisfies me. I'm not constantly hungry.

I won't lie, for the first few months I hated my sleeve. I woke up everyday regretting what I had done because I was forced to give up my favorite past time; my emotional "medication", and the change was incredibly challenging to say the least. Now I realize that was just the "junkie" in me detoxing (for lack of a better way to put it). Once in awhile I do miss binges, but it's always on days when I feel lonely or bored or tired or I'm PMSing. It passes and I feel that way less and less as time goes by.