Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Revision

1. Music626
    Music626
    Since your revision has the weight loss been constant. I gained a lot after my lap band just wanted to see if anyone has been successful
  2. sasweet1
    sasweet1
    I haven't had my complete "revision" yet. I had Lap Band surgery 9 years ago and lost 70 pounds and did pretty well with it for the first 6 or 7 years. But slowly I began to have problems. My weight crept back up - 25 pounds in the last few years, and I developed very, very severe reflux. I had my band removed in January. Insurance covered my band, so it's removal was covered also. But insurance would not pay for a subsequent sleeve surgery, so, since I'm self pay, I'm going to have that in Mexico in 3 weeks. Since my band has been removed, I have gained 12 pounds. I didn't realize how much I depended on restriction as a tool. I will be so glad to have that again with the sleeve. I'll post my progress as I can.
  3. Music626
    Music626
    Ok and thank you I'm having revision surgery on April 26 and I wish you a great and speedy recovery.
  4. sasweet1
    sasweet1
    My sleeve surgery is the day before yours. Thankfully, you won't have to do any time without your band. Believe me, it's has been a doozy of an experience. Geezzz....I could eat the paint off the wall!! I'll be so relieved to have the sleeve surgery. Restriction is really the critical tool for me - obviously. How have you done with the band? Have you had it long? What is your motivation to get the revision?
  5. Mistersmom
    Mistersmom
    I had lapband surgery in 2014. I have not tolerated it well at all. Will be having it removed and the gastric sleeve on April 27. I will be so happy to get this band out.
  6. swatts61
    swatts61
    I am new to this site and just started looking into this today. There is a girl I know who had the surgery in Mexico and has done great. But she had never had any other surgery done. For those of you who have had a revision from band to sleeve could you tell me about the process and the recovery? Do they remove the port as well as the band? Is the recovery time any longer if you have a band to sleeve revision? I'm nervous about doing this but the band just has not worked for me. I weighed 310 when I had the surgery and lost to 265. Then for the last few years I have worked really hard with exercise and dieting and stayed between 245 and 265. But the minute I ease up on either the weight comes right back on. I don't mean just walking for an hour or a little longer every day, but working with a trainer doing cross training and then the walking time.
    Anyway, sorry to ramble. Just curious about the revision process. Any information from anyone who has already been through the process would be very much appreciated!!!
    Thanks.
    Swatts
  7. Music626
    Music626
    Hello I have my surgery next Tuesday, Pre-op is going well I will keep you posted.
  8. Debbiekay
    Debbiekay
    I'm scared, but mostly unhappy. I thought the band was forever. Now my Surgeon says I need it replaced. I lost a lot but even though I work out I have regained. Still 80 # lost but back over 200 again

Band was great for 5 years now issue after issue. I'm tired of throwing up. My band slipped, what if I don't remove it and it perforates? What if I remove it and I regain all? So here I am looking at the revision

I'm 60 now and it's not as easy as it was 9 years ago.
  9. martinez1069
    martinez1069
    I had my lapland placed in 4/3/2009. First year I lost 100 lbs. Everything was going great, then in the second year I started to have problems with the band feeling tight and I began vomiting. I had a slippage and had to get fluid removed from the band. After the first fluid removal it was hard to find the optimal comfort zone. Over the next few years there was either not enough fluid or too much fluid in the band. I ended up having a dilation and needed to get all of the fluid removed from the band to give my stomach time to recover. After 4 years with no fluid in the band I ended up gaining all my previous weight back. I still felt restriction even without fluid so I finally made the decision to have the band removed. On 4/4/2016 my lapland was removed and I had the gastric sleeve surgery on the same day. It has been 4 weeks since my surgery and I am down 35 pounds and feeling great. I feel the surgery and recovery for the revision was much easier than the first lapland placement. I no longer feel the restriction in my stomach from the band or the uncomfortable feeling from the port. I am still getting used to portion control and knowing when to stop eating. I still have a long way to go but I am very happy with my decision.

I wish every one the best of luck on their journey.