Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Mixed feelings

1. cjrose
    cjrose
    Just wondering if anyone else is feeling the same way that I am. I am down a total of 40 lbs. I lost 13 preop and 27 post op. I get on the scale everyday and I'm in awe at what has been accomplished in such a short amount of time. When I started this I was a size 22/24 and now I'm a 16. I put a pair of jeans on that I haven't been able to wear in 3 years and they are lose on me. I look so much better than I have in ages. I feel better than I have in ages and I'm so f-ing happy. But then it hits me and I get sad; I still have so far to go. I still need to lose another 60-65 lbs. That number is so daunting. I know it will happen in time. But it just seems so far away. Sigh. I know I shouldn't be getting down over this. It's really stupid. I try to think positively on what I have done so far, but it's not easy to stay positive about it all the time. Any one else feeling like this?
  2. mommakay
    mommakay
    I feel that way every day. People tell me that I am doing so well but at times all I think about is how I want to be at my goal weight.
  3. big-daddy of 10
    big-daddy of 10
    first off your doing great!2nd dont kill your self by getting on a scale every day.i havent checked my weight in over a week.as long as you feel good and do what your suppose to the weight will come off.just think all the weight came on over a long stretch of time so dont get down if it dosent come off fast.its better that your losing some then none or gaining.stay positive and tell your hubby to hide the scale.
  4. Jerome
    Jerome
    Cj - i have the same feelings. I t seems a long way off and a very daunting road o get t o my final weight. The only thing that makes me feel better is that a year goes pretty quickly once you are over 40 - so it will probably be done sooner than i think.
  5. KimberlyAnne
    KimberlyAnne
    cJ, you are doing awesome... I too was a 22/24 and I'm only down into the 18/20. I was sleeved on March 29, and I started at 270 and I'm down to 221...so honey, you are kicking bootay! I don't weigh myself hardly ever, so I can go 2 weeks without weighing. Don't concentrate on the number, concentrate on how you feel!