Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

What are the requirements before getting accepted for surgery?

1. meldlc71
    meldlc71
    Good afternoon,
    I am new to Texas and I am looking at getting sleeved. I am looking at going to the Nicholson clinic, I have my first apt. Feb. 5th. I had the lap band 6 years ago and did great with it, I had lost 102 pounds. Well last year my band slipped and I had to have it removed, So now I am back up to 295-300 and am wanting something more permanate. My insurance does not require me to do anything and I was wondering what if anything I have to do besides the 2 week pre-op diet with Nicholson clinic. Definately looking forward to getting this done and getting my life back again. Thanks
  2. eladams
    eladams
    I still had my band when I went in for the revision. They waived the nutritionist and psych eval for me. They did still do the ECG, but that was to be sure that my band had not eroded through my stomach wall and see how healthy the tissue looked. Luckily, they found an new hiatal hernia, which allowed me to file insurance on a portion of the surgery. My process was very quick. From the time that I went for consult to surgery was about 3 weeks. My surgeon was Dr. Long in their clinic. I was VERY happy with him.