Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

HAd my sleeve 10/26

1. LizzySand
    LizzySand
    Had my sleeve 10/26 and I have ups and downs. Tried to eat some egg last night and I had too much bc I was in pain and really felt like I was going to be sick. Made me realize need to back of the mushy food and stick to purees for a bit longer.

Are all of you doing protein drinks? My doctor didn't tell me to do that. I'm just supposed to do what I can and heal for the first two weeks.

One of the hardest things for me so far is "breaking up" with food. Im having a hard time watching my family eat and not being able to do so myself. It kind of makes me sad. I even saw a commercial last night and thought "Im sad Im never going to be able to enjoy a burger again."
  2. Seheller
    Seheller
    Hi - I was sleeved 10/29. It's been hard to watch others enjoy food I love (candy, birthday cake, bread) but I just had to remind myself- I made this choice, I have to own the decision. Breaking up with my food addiction isn't as hard as I thought. I just drink a lot (32 oz) per day to keep my mind off what I am missing out on. I started at 191 pre op and weigh 176 today. It's worth it, in my opinion. Good luck!!
  3. Liz44
    Liz44
    I was sleeved 10/12 and it gets better... You will get to enjoy a burger again...Maybe not a whole burger but you will be satisfied and go with a healthier version. I know it seems depressing now.. I was the same way... They would ask if I had regrets and I'd tell them to ask me next week..lol Seems like every commercial is about food and I love the cooking network so that didn't make it any easier. lol Hang in there things will get back to normal soon. HUGE difference a week makes...
  4. scoobzbrit
    scoobzbrit
    I Def do protein shakes daily. In the beginning 2 or 3 a day because I couldn't do solid foods. Now 1 or 2. With broth, scrambled eggs, cottage cheese. Really soft stuff. Every day it seems to get easier. Preserve ry diet weight 284. Pre surgery weight 272. Weight one week out 262. So it's going and that makes it worth it
    But I am for sure morning my food
  5. janainsworth
    janainsworth
    Sleeved 10-13-15. I have had trouble with spitting up foamy clear liquid after I eat. I tried today to sip water between each bite of food. And, guess what? I didn't do it! I hope this will continue. I feel like the food is getting "stuck" because it is too dry. I am still drinking a shake a day. I started out at 142 and now at 127. My family notices the change and the friends that I told do. I am so glad I did this. No, I didn't have a hundred pounds to loose, but I can see how much healthier I look already. The bloated, puffiness is gone.
  6. SkinnyMcKinney
    SkinnyMcKinney
    Sleeved 1 week ago today and doing really well most of the time. I am, of course still on a liquid diet and I am a bit concerned that everything that goes in, comes out liquid also. I am supposing this well get better as solid foods are introduced.
  7. Nebraska
    Nebraska
    Today is my 3 week post op. Sleeved on October 15th. Everyday I get better and better, I am having a protein shake in the morning, those southwest egg beaters egg whites mid morning, cottage cheese around lunch, some soup mid afternoon and then soften (microwaved) peanut butter for a treat and end my day with greek yogurt. I got my egg whites stuck this morning and that hurt, but this was my first time not adding some cottage cheese to the egg whites and blending them well. I am down 23 pounds and hit a stall for 4 days over last weekend, once I really started to push eating all the high protein stuff often and trying to reach that 60 grams of protein, then I started losing again. I feel like I am eating all day long, but when I add up the calories, I have to laugh because it really only adds up-to maybe 500-600 calories a day. I have to also laugh that I have absolutely no desire to eat or drink anything, my job keeps me really busy so it is really easy to just keep on going and never thinking about food or drinks ever! I have to put reminders on my phone and my desk to remind me to drink lots and eat. Still on a sippy cup for drinking, it helps to keep the liquids down way better, I was such a big gulp drinker before that that it is such a challenge for me to drink out of a normal glass still. Good luck everyone!
  8. LizzySand
    LizzySand
    Thanks y'all. My husband keeps saying "Just hang in there!" I always laugh because i don' really have a choice!!

I think I will feel better when I get a month or two out.

Today my office ordered Jimmy Johns for everyone and that was pretty tough!
  9. Irishnurse13
    Irishnurse13
    Sleeved on 10/06/2015: Emotional roller coaster for sure! Feeling pretty good. Have little to no interest in food. I'm just introducing soft stuff and I agree with you janainsworth, food does feel like it is stuck and sitting there. A little sip helps. I didn't have a problem with eating with my family. Kids were so sweet making sure things didn't bother me. Once in a while I want to bite into a good sandwich but then it passes. Someone said to me don't worry...."IT GETS GREATER LATER!" I keep trying to remember that.
  10. Mherrington
    Mherrington
    My surgery was 10/16/15. I am on solid foods now but def cannot eat much. Last f/u appt doc had to run IV fluids. Says I was dehydrated. I did feel way better alterwards but I still have a hard Tim getting my water in. If I had to guess, I would say currently in taking 25 to 30 ounces. I know that is not enough but I really am trying. Anyone else have water problems? I also have to be careful cause a lot of foods just make my belly uncomfortable.
  11. usarmy
    usarmy
    I am in the same boat. I have to choose either I will drink all day or eat can't do both
  12. Cakemaker
    Cakemaker
    same.... ive been starting to get headaches the last couple of days and at first i thought it was my blood pressure which checked out ok so now i figure im not drinking enough water. its such a struggle. eat or drink. i've lost interest with food as well apart from one week where i tried to crock-pot up a storm which turned into such a massive failure that my family was relieved to get a plain ol chicken soup for dinner after that. i used to have the same thing happen to me janainsworth with the foaming its pretty much stopped now tho