Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Pre-op Diet: What are you eating and how are you feeling?

1. Keltia98
    Keltia98
    My doctor is requiring that I do four weeks of the "slimfast" diet before surgery. I am on day three and doing pretty well I think. Waiting on my stomach to shrink some so I don't get hungry as fast, but all in good time.

I am currently operating on a SlimFast for breakfast and one for afternoon snack. Lunch right now consists of either tuna or something of that nature. Dinner has been chicken with garlic or curry so far and either a salad with vinegar instead of dressing or some green veggie.
    Nothing to drink so far except water and unsweet iced tea.

Though it has only been three days, the only thing I really miss is my vodka lol

What about everyone else? What does your doc require and when do you start?

2. sunshnca1
    sunshnca1
    I just started the pre op diet yesterday and I lost 2.5 the first day! Crazy! I am doing 2 weeks prior to surgery and my diet consists of a protein drink for breakfast (at least 8 oz), a protein drink plus a piece of fruit for lunch, and a protein rich dinner that includes fish or chicken or lunch meat, etc. I also can have an afternoon snack of low fat yogurt or cottage cheese. It's not the easiest thing to do, but surprisingly, I'm not really that hungry. The protein drinks don't taste great, but they do fill you up!!!

Good luck to you!!!
  3. LaffeyTaffey
    LaffeyTaffey
    I still have a couple of weeks to go before doing my pre-op diet, but I was told it would be a protein shake for 2 meals and 1 normal meal. With a protein snack or 2 throughout the day. I don't know about you guys, but I actually found a delicious protein shake by Syntrax Matrix. I bought the mint chocolate chip and a peanut butter cookie flavored containers from mybariatricpantry's website. I showed the sample packets to my bariatric nutritionist and she was really impressed with the amount of protein and low carb count. Good luck everyone!
  4. Kamifitts
    Kamifitts
    You guys are lucky
    My pre-op diet for 2 weeks consists of 5 HMR shakes a day. I could have pickles the first week. I can have broth and have found that Swanson has flavor infused broths that are awesome if you like SPICY! They have Tortilla, Thai Ginger, Tuscan (not spicy) & Hot and Sour. I am starting my second week today and I've lost 8 lbs. Day 5 was horrible but I've been surprised by how I'm doing with NO food other than pickles. I'm so ready for the next step of this journey! Good luck everyone!
  5. Sasha2014
    Sasha2014
    Well I have been on the liquid diet, that includes yogurt, jello, broth, and protein shakes.. I have not lost any weight,

I will try the infused broths.. I have never seen them before?!

I am super excited!!! I have been waiting on this since January...8 more days!!!
  6. PayItForward
    PayItForward
    I start my two week pre-op diet tomorrow. I have an appointment today to go over the details of the diet but it will mainly be a liquid diet.

My surgery is scheduled for 9/28. I'm anxious to get this over with.
  7. Kamifitts
    Kamifitts
    It's discouraging to not lose weight but hang in there, it will happen. I'm not crazy about sweets but love coffee and I've discovered if I add a couple of teaspoons of butterscotch sugar free jello and a a couple tsp of Folgers decafinated coffee crystals to my vanilla protein shake powder and mix with ice it is AWESOME. Takes like a ice vanilla latte.