Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Spouses/Significant Others Losing Weight?

1. Pooky
    Pooky
    I know we aren't too far into the summer so many in this group are still preparing to be sleeved.

But ... I have found it interesting that my husband has lost 35 pounds since I started my journey back in February. He hasn't followed my diets or anything, but he's certainly lost weight. He's not a heavy set man, but I know he'd gained about 35 pounds over the past few years and most of that over the past year.

Anyway just for fun and curiosity, has anyone else's spouse or significant other lost weight during your journey both pre-op and post-op?
  2. emc9521
    emc9521
    My husband has lost about 50 pounds since February by just changing his eating habits and exercising. He looks fantastic and I know he feels a lot better. It just seems like it's been so easy for him while I've struggled with Weight Watchers.

Elisabeth
  3. a2twinsnanny
    a2twinsnanny
    Pooky, funny that you mention that. I started my supervised diet in January and have actually gained 5lbs due to a thryoid medication change and muscle gain. While my husband has lost 20 lbs since January. He is just eating less and sleeping more; not exercising at all. We both are chubby but people have been telling him they can notice that he is losing weight, while my clothes have been telling me that nothing has really changed.