Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

How do they put you to sleep?

1. Terps
    Terps
    Hi everyone, I've read different things about the anesthesia. Some say they strap you down in the or. Others say they lay down and immediately fall to sleep? How does this work with Dr. A? Do you have to breathe through a mask? Is it through an IV? This is the one piece I am concerned most about.
  2. Lovelyladylasvegas
    Lovelyladylasvegas
    You take an elevator down to the basement where the OR is and you walk to a gurney. You lie down and Dr. Lopez comes around almost immediately and gives you medication in your IV. You are asleep within seconds. The next thing you know you'll be in the recovery room. Good luck to you. I wish you the best.
  3. EsTeRap
    EsTeRap
    exactly, the doc asks you some questions about your previous experience with anesthesia, and gives you IV, the next thing you know you are waking up and your stomach is gone
  4. jenifer
    jenifer
    I was being rolled into the operating room by the anesthesiologist. I was very nervous and I guess he notice. All I remember before I made it into the OR, he told me to relax and he put something into my IV then the Surgury was done. Lol.
  5. andreaf
    andreaf
    I was the 3rd to get operated on the day I went and they had me walk myself to the elevator and took me upstairs to the operating floor but not into the actual operating room. They had me lay down on a bed in the hall way and the anesthesiologist came and was talking to me and asked if I was nervous, I said yes and he said he'd give me something to calm my nerves then asked me where I was from as he was injecting stuff into my IV that they inserted into the back of my hand earlier and that's all I remember. Next thing I knew the nurse was waking me up while I was actually having a great dream about Hawaii, lol. As she was waking me up I asked "did he operate already?" cuz it seemed like I was getting woke up so soon. The first guy to be operated on the day I was there said he was taken straight into the operated room and put on the table, but no one else in my group mentioned that they had to do that.
  6. Terps
    Terps
    Thanks everyone...this is reassuring.
  7. BBLovesBB
    BBLovesBB
    Dr Lopez is too funny. As others here mentioned you sit on the table or gurney and in my case Lopez proclaims" I'm the man not Dr A . I'm like yes you are the man you the man cause you keep us alive so the surgeon can do his part. Ok now let's gets started. Please por favor! Might light were out too funny I woke up no pain at all!