Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Four months out, still excited about my sleeve!

1. elongwa
    elongwa
    Hey Everyone, I haven't posted in a while, but thought I would update my status for any newbies who may be researching or looking for positive support.

I am still LOVING my sleeve.

She and I have had our ups and downs, she didn't like sugar (or sugar substitutes) for quite some time. If I ate something, it would come back up within 15 minutes of consumption, brown rice was the worst reaction I had.

At about 2.5-3 months out I had issues transitioning to real foods, some vomiting after meals if I ate too fast or didn't swallow well. That passed - YAY - and now things are much better.

It took about a month for me to feel stronger and have more energy, I am back to my normal energy levels now.

Since my pre-op appointment I am down 48 lbs WOOOO, 48 LBS!!!

I have had a few stalls, last one was 20 days, my current stall has been 12 days. I know I am losing inches when the scale doesn't move, my belts get looser (I had to buy a new one) and my clothes fit better. BUT, some days I just WISH I could drop the last few lbs I need to move into my new BMI category of Overweight!

I have started hiking, and want to start biking too, I love the energy I have and the joy I feel every morning slipping on a size 12 pair of jeans.

I started out in an 18/20 that was TIGHT...so happy to be down four pant sizes and going from an 18/20/2XL to a size L/XL shirt!

Have a great day everyone!

Erin
  2. ljweartz
    ljweartz
    Congrats, Erin! I am about 25-26 days away from having my sleeve done but very excited!
  3. Suzanne3/12
    Suzanne3/12
    Great update, very encouraging. In nine weeks since surgery, I've lost 30 and have 50 to go. My biggest challenge is remembering to eat slowly. I'm still careful to eat safe things, but sometimes I just forget to chew enough. I use Lose It app to track my foods on my phone and watch that I get enough protein, but I know I don't drink enough water.
  4. Just J
    Just J
    Congrats! This is very ecouraging. I am 2mths out and have very similar issues so this is very good to hear that it gets better. Thanks!!
  5. BBLovesBB
    BBLovesBB
    Thank you for the update. I'm getting gitters about my surgery next Wednesday. Reading this is helping a lot.