Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

No Sleeve for Me...Yet

1. Lovelyladylasvegas
    Lovelyladylasvegas
    Hi Everyone,
    I just wanted to give you an update on my situation. I went to Tijuana to have a lapband revision to a sleeve on 4/23/14. Sadly, Dr. Almanza was only able to remove my lapband and not complete the sleeve due to excessive damage to my stomach from the lapband. Apparently my stomach was perforated and "ugly" as he called it and he said that my lapband was trying to kill me. I am able to return at the end of July to have the sleeve done. I was extremely pleased with the care that I received at the hospital and with Dr. Almanza's skills as a surgeon. My only complaint is that I sat in the hospital for 18 hours thinking I had the band removed and the sleeve done before Dr. Almanza came in to tell me that he was unable to do the sleeve. However, that complaint is so minimal when I compare it to my gratitude for his skills as a surgeon and for saving my life at such a reasonable price. I completely trust him as a surgeon and I trust that the decision he made to have me wait the 3 months before doing the sleeve was the appropriate decision and was what was best for my health. His office even refunded me $1200 because he was unable to do the sleeve at that time. In my opinion, his business ethic is as wonderful as his medical ethic and equals his surgical skill level. I'm feeling grateful today.
  2. Texas Rose
    Texas Rose
    I totally agree. He is a great Surgeon. I'm 11 weeks out and doing fantastic. No problems since surgery with him.
  3. decemberroses
    decemberroses
    They refunded you $1200, but are they then going to charge you $4900 to do the sleeve? Won't you end up paying more?
  4. ruckus0712
    ruckus0712
    I don't know of any surgeon giving back money that does say alot about his character
  5. Lovelyladylasvegas
    Lovelyladylasvegas
    I originally paid $4999 for the lap band revision to a sleeve but since he couldn't do the sleeve they only charged me what Dr. Almanza charges for a lap band removal, which was $3799. Hence the $1200 refund. When I go back in July, I will have to pay another $4499 to have the sleeve done for a total of $8298. It's a lot of money but it was not his fault that the lap band damaged my stomach and it will be two completely separate hospital stays and surgeries instead of just one so I understand the separate charges. I am just thankful for the refund that they offered me and that I can still have the sleeve done for a very affordable price.
  6. Claudia B
    Claudia B
    Thank you for sharing, Lovelylady!
    Good luck with your recovery and return trip to Tijuana.