Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

6 weeks out!

1. Khartt
    Khartt
    So, I had my appointment today - yippee I am now on Phase 5 foods
    I had 2oz of thinly sliced ham, a string cheese stick, some raw baby carrots and 1/4 of a banana. I feel full, but not stuffed! It is fantastic to be in the more normal stage now. My weight loss is right on par with the nutritionists expectations and she was very pleased that I am getting all my protein, fluids, vitamins and exercise. Next check in will be in 6 weeks, which puts me at 3 months post surgery. She said I could be down another 15 to 25 pounds depending on any plateaus. If that happens I'll be at a weight I haven't seen since 1999!

I am doing a very happy, happy dance!!! Picture Snoopy dancing, that's me right now. What a great journey.
  2. donna1743
    donna1743
    Well today I am 7 weeks since surgery and started to eat cereal I got from Bariatric Choice took 4 bites and drank the milk in the bowl. I was full. Try eating catfish that I baked with nothing on it ate several bite I was full. I slowly adding real food, but I can only eat a few bites and I am full. Down to 173 lbs..hurray for you and me on our new stage of life..
  3. volfanca
    volfanca
    Congratulations! Do you care if I ask how much you have lost? I am trying not to get discouraged but I feel like I am losing slowly. I'm happy with what I see. I hate that I still let the scales play with my mind.

I wish my NUT would advance my diet. Still nothing raw. In never thought I would miss a salad. Lol

Again Congratulations on the new you!!

Angela
  4. shemarie
    shemarie
    I was 6 weeks yesterday, and have just one more week before I see my NUT again!
  5. donna1743
    donna1743
    I know how you feel. I am slowly losing also I was in a stall in my 3 week but it broke a week ago now I lost 2 lbs, not a lot but at least it a lost not a gain right! Just stick it out don't get depressed because it will happen. I have lost 26 lb since I started this jounery and have lost 18 since my surgery, not alot but, I just glad to be losing. I didn't gain this weightin one day it was a 48 years long so if I lose the weight slowly I will be happy cause I am losing, so I am happy with my new stomach. You know we like a newborn we have to start over and learn how to be Healthly and one day when we not looking ( it hard I know ) but we will be a new skinny healthier person. God bless
  6. amayzme
    amayzme
    I will be 8 wks out this friday. sw 225. Sw 220 cw 192. Having trouble with whole foods. my fault due to not chewing throughly...and not being aware of how many bites i take before its too late and it comes back up. ( I did hit the dreaded 3rd week stall at 195. Just began dropping again these past few days.
    happy with my sleeve. the stalls don't bother me so much because its just my body doing what needs to be done to let the inchs match the pounds lost.
    trust the tape measure not the scale.
  7. Mich-D
    Mich-D
    I am just over 7 weeks out and moving along. I'm down 102 lbs since I started my extended pre-op diet on 12/1. As I mentioned elsewhere, I am very happy to had the success I have had thus far as it has helped me find three tumors (all benign). I am at a weight I haven't seen for 5 years. Last night I had chicken fajitas. Okay, a post-op version I whipped up that consisted of 4 whole grain/flax seed crackers, six chicken pieces with fajita seasoning, a sprinkle of reduced fat cheddar cheese, and 1/2 teaspoon of reduced fat sour cream.