Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

last day before liquids.

1. big-daddy of 10
    big-daddy of 10
    would it be wrong to eat and drink like its your last time?wait it is your last time..lolhow many of you pigged out on the last day?i have been eating good and staying active so i think i might seeing as im ready for this change.
  2. JOJ2000
    JOJ2000
    Hey!!! I'm on Day 1 of the pre surgery liquid diet, and my husband and I went to the Cheesecake Factory last night! It was Fantastic!! This liquid diet is no JOKE! But we will get thru! My surgery is March 14th!
  3. cjrose
    cjrose
    My Doc doesn't require a liquid diet till the day before surgery. I silently giggled to myself when he said, "You're not that fat that you need it." lol The Chinese use the word "fat" very freely :/ As for food and drink, I have been partying a lot lately because I know I won't be able to drink for a long tome after the surgery. Food wist I'm still doing pretty well. I did tell my husband that I wanted to go to Outback next week and have a steak since again I won't be able to have that for a while. Best of luck everyone!
  4. JOJ2000
    JOJ2000
    I am jealous!!! My surgeon requires 7 days of liquid diet before surgery! My surgery is next Weds! I so enjoyed my dinner at Cheesecake! I went to some other places too! I see on here that some have to do the liquid two weeks before, so I am not complaining. I am eating my SF jello right now at work, and trying to focus, lol! slight headache, but a little better than yesterday! Cjrose, enjoy your meal at Outback!!!!
  5. big-daddy of 10
    big-daddy of 10
    you guys are lucky my doc makes every one do the 2 week diet.so ima live it up thes next 3 days party at my house....lol
  6. Terri Gene
    Terri Gene
    Today is the first day of my pre-op diet. My doctor requires 14 days of this liquid diet. The more weight you lose before the surgery the better. It also helps to shrink your liver so that it is not in the way during surgery. I have had 2 shakes today so far and I must admit that it is very hard. You start craving that savory instead of sweet. Basically, I am taking it one shake at a time. I don't want to blow this. I also ate a bit more in the past week having the mind sense that I will never eat again. My last meal (last night) was mexican food. My surgery is on March 23rd and I WILL be a few pounds lighter going into surgery. I can do this.
  7. Jester
    Jester
    hahaha yup sure did mine was Chilis, steak quesadillas with chips and salsa...I savored every bite. Im on day 2 of mine keep getting the headachs
  8. Dee Leshuz
    Dee Leshuz
    Cheers, Jester! JO, you can make it. I'm not required to do a liquid diet although I did lose 31 lbs. as requested by surgeons and used liquid shakes to kickstart my diet. Now I'm having some "Last suppers" but only by eating very lightly during the day and tiny bites at night. I don't want to torture anyone here w/ the details so I won't!
  9. JOJ2000
    JOJ2000
    You guys can do it! We can do it! It really is like going thru withdrawal! Day 3 for me, a little stronger! Jester, I had such a kick ass headache at the end of Day 1, I just went to bed when I got home, that miserable! Day 2 was a little better, today is still better. It sucks, but I know the reason, and Terry's right, shrinking the liver will help. I'm trying to stay hydrated, drinking a lot of water, some with Crystal lite for some taste! I try to space out drinking the protein every 2-3 hours at least, to help keep the headaches away. I also have extra strength Tylenol with me always! I can't believe the surgery is next week!
  10. Divanina
    Divanina
    I have been on one a days and two a days for the past week. Today marks three a days and the start of the full liquid diet for me. My surgery is on the 13th so it will be a hard weekend for me. I hope I can go through with everything. I wonder if I have dinner tonight or tomorrow will it hurt me? What do yall think?
  11. JOJ2000
    JOJ2000
    The 13th is around the corner! I'd stick to what the surgeon says, its hard though, I have to do the liquid diet for 7 days, and my surgery is March 14th!, sigh...it will be a tough weekend, I am planning on trying to get stuff wrapped up before surgery. I work on Mon and Tues. Good luck! How are you feeling?