Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

how is everyone doing? just curious on weight loss, food intake etc

1. Aspinetti
    Aspinetti
    I was just wondering how everyone was doing? is life normal? how works out, who doesn't? pounds lost? hair loss etccc..
  2. Google jan
    Google jan
    Doing well as far as weight loss. Total of 56 lbs. no major problems but the arthritis is still really bad which has been disappointing. Am doing exercise at a therapeutic pool & a little treadmill.

Hope all is well with you. Would like to hear from everyone.
  3. franp
    franp
    have lost 42 pounds since 9/23/13....am not able to eat 1000 calories.....prolly get in about 800 to 900 a day...but I feel good...my arty is not as bad....but arty doesn't go away....the back pain has though...and I am able to move around so fast now...I love it...things are so uch easier to do now....thanks god and my doc for this surgery....
  4. Trinevor
    Trinevor
    Things are going well for me (I think). I do not track my food intake, so I could not even begin to tell how many calories I take in a day. I am getting around 60 grams of protein a day, and 3-4 19.9oz waters a day. I am working out 45 minute on the elliptical 4-5 days a week. After working out I sit in the sauna for 45 minutes to an hour. I don't know if this helps my weight loss efforts, but it sure does make me feel better.

I have not gained or lost anything in the last 30 days. So I am holding steady at 52 lbs lost since 9/24. even though Im not seeing a loss on the scale, my clothes tell me I am rearranging the fat on my body.

I gone from a size 18/20 to a 12! This makes me happy! I have not been able to walk into a "normal" store and find something to wear in over 10 years. Yesterday I went to Lane Bryant to get new bras (I love the Balconette) I felt a little sad about not being able to buy clothes from there anymore. I know it sounds crazy, but having a mall full of options became a little overwhelming.
  5. lg91077
    lg91077
    Doing pretty well....sleeved 9/11/13 and down 80 lbs so far... taking my vitamins each day; getting 80-100 g of protein each day and in excess of 64 oz of water/decaffinated fluids. Happy with the loss so far but I need to start exercising more. I have a 2 year old and a 4 year old with cerebral palsy - and I work full time (and my husband is a detective so his work hours are crazy) so its really hard for me to get to the gym or find time to exercise! although I have to stop making excuses and start making the time. I hope everyone is doing well and is happy with their decision to get sleeved! best decision ever!
  6. Strawberry
    Strawberry
    Was sleeved on 09/11/13 too!!!!
    Never thought it would be like this. Wish I had done it earlier
    Went from a size 24 to 16
    Just going to break under 200 pounds within this week
    Need more exercise but I want to be outside and sick of the cold weather! Bring on summer!!!!
    Not sure how I feel about shorts though, still feel bigger
    Just keep eating protein and drinking water
  7. fluffynomore
    fluffynomore
    I was sleeved 9/10/13...so far so good. I am 93 lbs down and trying hard to hit to 100 lb weight loss mark. My husband was sleeved last month. This is much easier doing it together, no tempation. I exercise 5 days a week for 2-3 hours (2-3 classes). I started out 45-60 min on the eliptical then 50 reps on all the weight machines. Now I just do the classes...yoga, step aerobics, body pump (weight lifting), pilates, and a classic called fit that circuits cardio and strength. My dr still has me on all protein diet and I'm allowed 1/2 cup of non starchy veggies and 1/2 cup fruit a day. I am just now really noticing the weight loss becuase when I look in the mirror I didnt see what other saw. I saw a pretty woman and never really realized how big I got until I saw pictures (So I could be classified as a fat person that didn't know they were fat...lol). Looking back at my pics from summer vacation I can really tell the difference in my face. It feels good to be flexible again.
  8. Wonder1
    Wonder1
    Hey September Sleevers,

So far so good for me. I've lost 66 lbs, but more importantly my cholestrol is better, my blood pressure is normal, and my acid reflux and sleep apnea are all better. I'm not taking as much medicine and I feel really good. No hair loss that I've noticed. I try to make it to the gym at least 4 times a week and workout about 45 minutes. I went to see my family practice physician yesterday, and she was very impressed with my health. I'm so glad I had the surgery!
  9. BC35
    BC35
    I'm 60 lbs down and down from a size 18 to size 8. Thrilled with weight loss. It is about 1-2lbs/wk for the last few months. Slowing down. I haven't been able to exercise as regularly as I'd like but at least doing 3x/wk. I feel like I'd do better if I was working out daily. I have my 6 month appt next week although it isn't 6 months until the end of the month. Hoping to lose another 30 lbs. Congrats to you all.
  10. Susanrdh
    Susanrdh
    Hello!
    I was sleeved on 9/11/13 and so far I am down 94 pounds from my heaviest (85 pounds from surgery). I feel great and eat about 1000-1200 calories a day (60-90 grams protein) and keep my carbs low. I use MyFitnessPal to track my food intake and keep a real close eye on the amount of protein. I have gone from a size 24/26 to a 18 in pants/jeans. I walk 4-5 times a week up to 2.5 miles. I really need to walk daily; however, have not fit this activity into my daily schedule.

I am not losing as fast as I was and worry about this ---my monthly average for the past two months were 10 and 8 pounds---I would had thought that I would be losing more each month....... what have the rest of you experienced with the momentum in weight loss?

My main concern is still eating at night---even though I do not go over the 1200 calories a day I have acquired a taste for the new diet popcorns that are out. (I eat one serving of 3 cups of air popped popcorn at night) I worry about stretching my stomach out.......does anyone else have this concern with the foods that you are able to eat???

I will never regret my decision to do this surgery----it has granted me a new lease on life and is the best thing that has happened to me!
  11. smile38
    smile38
    I was sleeved 9/18/13 and I'm down 70 lbs!! HW 255 CW 185

Hair loss had went down considerably.. thank God! I thought I was going to end up bald for a time. I did get my hair cut short which seems to be helping! I've also been stuck for about 7 weeks, but had movement on the scale this week as I went down 2 lbs! I also started c25k last week and added in an extra protein drink!

All is well and I'm loving life!