Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

15 days post op and 22 pounds down!

1. elongwa
    elongwa
    It has been 15 days since my Vertical Gastric Sleeve surgery and I am still excited I had this done in Mexico with Dr. Almanza!

Since I wrote last a week and a half ago I have struggled with swelling and aches in my abdomen, desire to eat more or different foods than I am able to, the ability to consume enough protein and water, heartburn, less than regular BM's, and a general sense of being tired.

With that being said, I am coming out on the other side!!!

I still have a sense of pulling and swelling in my abdomen, but it is less and less each day and I am now only taking pain medicine at night. I read somewhere that the hungry feeling could be heartburn and when I controlled the heartburn the hunger feeling seemed to dissipate and let me prepare the food I needed to. I still struggle with consuming enough protein, I have what I need to be successful, it is just remembering to make my shakes at the right time so I can get all three in during the day. I switched from the Premier Protein shakes that I bought at Costco to Syntrax Nectar (Fuzzy Navel flavor) that I can mix with water, so each "shake" gets me 23g of protein and 8-12 ounces of water!! A two for one deal!!! The steps I took to alleviate the heartburn were to get a prescription for Omeprazol from my doctor, and take the Milk of Magnesia that I was given upon leaving Mexico three times daily. If I still wake up with heartburn in the middle of the night, I try a Gas-X and go from there. My BM's were also resolved when I started taking the Milk of Magnesia regularly.

Regarding my sense of being tired, I needed to give myself time to heal! CRAZY that I even thought I would be back to 100% immediately. I have given in my tiredness and go home after work, take a short nap, and rest for the evening - or take a short walk if I can. I also started taking some vitamins, I add a B12 liquid to my morning protein shake, I take a spoonful of Calcium/Magnesium/Vitamin D (wild blueberry flavor) in the morning, and I eat four gummy vites for adults (2 in the AM and 2 when I get home from work). This has all helped; I think the resting has helped the most!

This week I am starting on pureed foods!!! I am soooo excited and feel like I have just a tiny bit more energy that I did the day before.

I wish everyone well who had surgery the same day I did, I think of each of you often!

Erin
  2. apricot41
    apricot41
    Wow, good job!