Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Good bye old friend

1. Pbran21
    Pbran21
    Wow as I wake this morning what is on my mind. gosh this is my last day of eating what do I want as my last meal ? gosh am I on death row? or dieing the way our minds work I know I should not be thinking this way. it is only food it is like meds you just need a small amout to live But in my head it is like looseing an olf friend how do you say good bye? I am sure there will be tears ups and downs all this over food.

As of now I will pick my head up I can do this I may need some help but I am not turning back now.

I am also thinking about going to the hosp. for my pre op x-rays ekg and blood work praying all goes well.

thanks for letting me rant on.
  2. bmm35
    bmm35
    Good luck
  3. Pbran21
    Pbran21
    Thank you
  4. specialkai
    specialkai
    I totally understand. Mine is in two weeks. I was watching my family eat dinner last night and I was on the verge of tears - that I feel the need to tear out half of my stomach - because I need to lose 50 pounds. I keep envisioning that first few weeks, when your body is starving, and you physically can't get any more in to help it. I just have to think long term - this little pouch will stretch a bit, and at some point may even be half its original size. Half would be great. It is obscene how much I can eat right now!
  5. Pbran21
    Pbran21
    Know the feeling this will be for the best
  6. FormerlyKnownAsFatEmily
    FormerlyKnownAsFatEmily
    Pbran21- after reading your post, this quote came to mind: "The food you eat can either be the safest and most powerful form of medicine or the slowest form of poison." (Ann Wigmore) It might help to try thinking of the food you eat today as merely the last drops of the poison that took away your good health and enjoying life to the fullest for so many years.

specialkai- I think it is so incredibly awesome that you're getting "sleeved" now before you get any fatter! I wish I had known about this surgery 4 years ago when I began slipping past 160, 175, 180... Too many of us put our heads in the sand or played helpless victim when we started getting fat.
  7. Pbran21
    Pbran21
    Thanks I like that