Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

How is everyone doing?

1. LtWeight
    LtWeight
    I have not been sick once, didn't feel great after my first cup of coffee at 2 months out (it was strong at breakfast prior to eating). I cannot believe how wonderful this sleeve has been! It is a dream come true. I needed help with portion control, I ate pretty healthy but just way too much of it. So far nothing has disagreed with me, other than the coffee for a few hours, but I've found that I crave the things that are healthy for me. I don't really want bread, pasta, sweets, or other "bad things" but I want my protein, veggies, and fruits. I have tried bread, pasta, and a couple of bites of sweets but it just didn't taste good. My tummy didn't mind it but in my mouth it just didn't taste very good. I'm so happy about this! I'm down 59.2 lbs since I started the process (6 mo. doctor supervised weight loss) and 39.2 since surgery, having lost 10 lbs the week before surgery and 10 lbs during my 6 month required visits.

I hope you all are doing just as well and having great successes since surgery!
  2. chili67@yahoo.com
    chili67@yahoo.com
    Congratulations!!! It sounds like you got the hang of things quite easily! I'm so happy that everything is going great for you! I had been doing quite well, with no foods bothering me, but then ran into a surgical complications about a month ago. The surgeon performed a procedure on Friday and hopefully in a few weeks I will be back into full diet/exercise mode! I started the weight loss program at 245, had surgery at 230 and am now down to about 165. Good luck through the holidays! I'm hoping to see lots of recipes posted!! =)
  3. RoDean
    RoDean
    I am doing great, the weight is coming off slowly but steadily. I am down 66 lbs since my 10 day pre-op diet began. I have not encountered anything I can't eat, but ice-cream is not tolerated very well, which I see as a really good thing. I know I still eat too fast and take too big of bites, but I work on it every day. I am working out 3 or 4 days a week and I feel better on the days I do, I am no longer afraid of exercise. I feel healthier and my clothes are all too big, it is a very good year so far!!!
  4. Happagirl
    Happagirl
    Hi everyone, I just got back from a month long cruise. I did not lose any weight, but I did not gain any weight!!!!!!!! I am so happy. I did not go crazy eating. I knew how much my stomach could handle, about 8 oz max. I tried to make smart decisions, wore a pedometer and tried to get in at least 5000 steps a day.
  5. Sleeved38
    Sleeved38
    Doing pretty good as well. I am down 43lbs since surgery and a total of 55 total. I however have been stuck in a stall for a good month! This is getting so frustrating! Dr. Says all is good and losing is stair steps you go up and down a few. But, man oh man! Just ready sTo see that scale move again! I have been able to tolerate everything except coffe, just doesnt feel well on the little tummy so i stay away from it? Cold here in Ohio so i started exercising inside using my Gazelle, really like it kind of like running but easy on the joints. Hopefully it will kick start the weightloss again! I am still losing inches and down from a size 24 2/3x to an 18 xl so happy with that! i will quit rambling on, hope everyone is doing well on their journey!
  6. Narasweet
    Narasweet
    Hey great to hear from the group again, I am doing well, down 30 kg, dress size from 24/26 to 18/20, emptied out all fat clothing, op shop thankful, got spare drawers and hangars by the score now, not buying too many new outfits while still losing, had been in a stall for a month on scales but was still shrinking, suddenly lost 2 kg in 2 weeks,back at work and loving how flexible I am. Actually having to eat with low sugar but offall meds is great...stay safe and have a wonderful Christmas my friends xxxx
  7. FawnHoll
    FawnHoll
    Hi, never posted in this group, but had surgery in July of 2013, I'm down 87 lbs as of today. I have experienced being ill by various foods. But I am learning what to avoid and what to be thankful over. I am surprised at how easy this feels sometimes, I keep waiting for the other shoe to drop.
  8. goldengal
    goldengal
    Hello fellow July sleevers! I was sleeved 5 months to the day on Christmas and have felt good overall. Have a lot of acid so take meds for that. Have had some food intolerance ( eggs are bad ) but I am at goal have lost 50 lbs and can live without eggs as far as that goes. My biggest challenge is to remember to eat SLOWER and chew more. I have more energy and enjoying life more by far. Much success to all of you and Happy New Year...
  9. Kasrocks
    Kasrocks
    Hey everyone!!! Im doing great, still a fast eater so that causes me pressure and pain but other then that I am great... I started my journey at 5'9 and 215lbs and today i am proud to say im 150lbs Loving life and my new look!!! I can eat everything also!
  10. Healthy Aly
    Healthy Aly
    Hi July losers - mean this in a nice way!!! I'm down about 26 kg (not sure how many pounds this is- I'm an Aussie) coped through the Christmas & New Year period really well, can't say I avoided everything but survived & still lost another 2 kg. I'm 5'8 - so still want to lose another 8 kg to get to an ideal weight which will be easy to maintain. Have had to retrain myself to eat slower and chew everything well and have not had too many uncomfortable moments - loving the sleeve, I have inspired a couple of friends who can see how it's working for me & they want the same too - so all good
  11. Sophistikitten
    Sophistikitten
    Hello everyone! I was sleeved July 30. I have lost 50 now. My hair is falling out in huge clumps everyday..I actually dread the shower. I really just started to workout a couple weeks ago. I have had 2 surgeries prior to the sleeve regarding my knee so at 275 pounds on the day of my sleeve, it was hard for me to partake in any athletics with my knee and the way it was. I am happy to say now, I can do a hour on the elliptical and walk for 30 minutes on a relitivly high incline. It's really exciting for me! I feel as if I could be down more if I could have been exercising, but I am happy I can do it now without a lot of the pain. I also have a issue with the amount if air in my stomach. It makes me nauseous all the time. I am constantly vomiting everything. From my vitamins, to my water, to anything I have just eaten. This is the worst part I think. I am curious if anyone else thinks their loss is going a lot slower than they imagined? Has anyone not followed the nutritional guidelines from the doctors and still lost weight? How is everyone coping with this new lifestyle?