Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Hello all....

1. tobeskinny
    tobeskinny
    Thought I would join group, if ok. I live in Cayman, but wascsleeved at Jackson South with Dr. Jacobs...what an incredible Dr!!!
    Have apt in Kendall, so visitbonce in a while. Go home tomorrow night to start my new beginnings?
  2. Dolores
    Dolores
    Hi. I'm Dolores and I had my first consult with Dr. Jacobs yesterday!! How are you feeling? How did your surgery go? Tell me all about it.
    With any luck I will be sleeved in 4-6 months. I cant tell you how excited I am. Dr. Jacobs seems so nice. I got a very good first impresson yesterday.
  3. tobeskinny
    tobeskinny
    Delores,
    He is the mst caring and wonderful Dr. My sister was sleeved about three years ago and I have also had two firends, one 2 yrs ago and the other last year. He used to be at Mercy and I understand from my sister that my experience with the hospital, Jackson, was much better than Mercy. I have nothing but good to say about him and his team. His staff are all wonderful, Laurie is really helpful. I have another friend who was sleeved the day before me and she is doing well too.
    My surgery went very well. I also had a hiatal hernia repaired at the same time, so it was about 2 1/2 hours. Only stayed one night, but my friend stayed two. I had a drain, but she didn't. No, or very little actual pain. The nurses were great at making sure you got what you needed. On time.
    I flew home a few days earlier than he wanted, but feeling pretty good. Still a little gassy, but walking and back at work. TBC
  4. tobeskinny
    tobeskinny
    Pt 2
    I am on the full liquids now, and no cravings,hunger or anything. Planning for puree next week! Taking vitamins, B12, calcium etc, also making fresh green juice.....so mall in all feeling pretty good.
    Dr. Jacobs is a star and one of the best. We would all highly recommend him.
    Good luck
    Sher
  5. Dolores
    Dolores
    Hi and thank you so much for your response. I'm so excited. I'm doing the "supervised" diet now so I figure in a few months, I'll have lost a few months. I hope to have the surgery some time in July. My sister is getting married in October and is rail thin as are her friends. I dont wantt o be the fat girl next to the models.
    I am addicted to reading the responses and think I'm almost an expert! PLease continue to let me know how you are doing. Take care. xoxoxo
  6. tobeskinny
    tobeskinny
    Dear Delores,
    Good luck with your supervised diet. Is that with Dr. Jacobs too?
    I wrote to him yesterday, just to touch base. He has lost 85 pounds on his own diet!!! So he is serious about weight loss.
    Things are going well. I am disappointed that I am not losing as fast as I thought, but I have lost 10 pounds in the 2 weeks.....so that is good. I Have now moved to pureed foods...and will bE on these for two weeks.
    All in all doing wel. Do stay in touch.
    Best
  7. Dolores
    Dolores
    I was approved for Surgery and it will be 3/12/12. I'm so excited, I really am. How are you feeling?
  8. tobeskinny
    tobeskinny
    Wow Delores, I had not checked the post in a while. Good luck, you must be excited, only two more days. Please stay in contact! I am on regular foods and feeling great. I was back up to see Dr. Jacobs a couple of weeks ago and everything is great. I have lost about 23 pounds so far.....just need to get my exercise going properly.
    Good luck!
  9. rdway51
    rdway51
    Hi Ya'all,
    I'm getting my sleeze on Tuesday with Eddie Gomez at South Jackson. He seems like a great guy and works with Moises Jacobs, who I presume is/was your doc, Sher. And you'll be with him *tomorrow* Delores - best wishes to you! I am excited to find some local sleevers.
    ---julie
  10. Dolores
    Dolores
    Hi All!

Well its been 26 days since I got sleeved. I have lost 22 pounds so far. I'm having trouble fitting in all the foods accorfing to the sample food schedule they gave me. I'm still full from Lunch, i had a hard boiled egg crushed up and mixed with 1/4 slice of ham and half a tspn of ff mayo. Now i'm "supposed" to have a snack but no way, it will fit! I have never liked water and now after the sleeve i like it even less, it tastes gross to me. I'm drinking diluted vitamin water struggling to get in as much as possible. Today I am going to buy Silk milk becasue i think the ff milk is making me sick.. All the blogs say that sometimes your new stomach decides its lactose intolerant. I think thats what is happening. Other than that i am feeling great, a little tired at times but good.
    How are all of you feeling?
  11. snmtazz
    snmtazz
    I was sleeved by Dr. Jacobs on 05/22/2012, I'm doing great and yes he is a great doctor!! I've lost 20 lbs so far in less than 3 weeks.

Matt
  12. SECRETSLEEVE
    SECRETSLEEVE
    i'm from boynton beach, are there any meet up groups in florida for us sleevers?
  13. tobeskinny
    tobeskinny
    Delores,
    Great....how are you doing now? and the rest, how is everyone.
    I was sleeved January 4...and have lost about 40 pounds to date. Very slow, but I expected that. I have another 25 to 30 pounds to go.....and am having a hard time getting the scale to move.
    I find that I am lactose tolerant to a point, but I was never a milk person anyway--so not an issue.
    I am not that interested in food, and do sometimes wish I could really drink a glass of cold water!....I still have to sip....but, all worth it. I feel great, just have to ramp up the exercise and start to really watch what I am putting in my mouth! There are certain foods that just go down too easy!
    Good luck to you all, and stay safe with the storm!
    Sher