Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

almost there

1. Anderson1171
    Anderson1171
    My first date was July but I have been pushed back due to insurance and my Dr changed hosiptals from Hollywood to Fort Myers. I should be soon now I am hoping end of Oct or early Nov. I am looking forward to all the advise you guys have for me since I am so far behind now.
  2. LisaNunu
    LisaNunu
    So sorry about the date change. Just remember the first week to sip lots of fluid and walk as much as you can. Sugar free popsicles are suddenly amazing and I almost cried with happiness my the second week when I ate some cream soups! Just hang in with each stage - it goes by much quicker than it seems like it should and try not to stress too much over how much of everything you are getting in. The first few weeks it is really hard to get in enough fluid or protein so don't get upset about it. Trust me - it is going to be very hard NOT to step on the scale daily (sometimes several times a day) but don't freak out if you weight flucuates the wrong way sometimes - if you can hide the scale and drag out once a week - that will help save your sanity a little - ha! But then maybe you are not obsessive like me? Anyway - good luck - know you will do great!
  3. RoDean
    RoDean
    We are all in this for long haul, and will be here for you no matter when you actually hit the sleeved side. I think I was always most freaked out by how much I could eat at first, was so surprised by how much my stomach would hold compared to others...that is key, don't ever compare yourself with the others, we are all different and no ones experience will be exactly the same, but they were right than when I started eating pureed stage and then solid food how little I could eat compared to liquids and the "slider foods" Sipping constantly is the most important thing to remember...and protein, eat your protein first, it is what helps you heal and keeps up your energy level!!