Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Problems after surgery

1. axal33
    axal33
    It has been awhile since my last post not recommending Dr.A

I finally found a after care weight loss dr to see me. He did a few tests and sent me straight to hospital. I had 2 surgeries within 3 days and stayed at that hospital for 3 weeks. I had a home nurse, pt & OT when I came home to help care for me.

I have a stint in my esophagus to the bottom of my stomach that is very uncomfortable but allows me to eat. I will have that surgically removed in about 2 months.

I now have thousands in dr bills , take over 15 pills a day & just started walking again.

I've heard great reviews & much praise about a Dr people call Dr. Q in Mexico that cost around the same.

I just wanted to share my recovery story. Im 72 lbs down.
  2. kimwanalivelife
    kimwanalivelife
    I am so sorry to hear that you've had such a hard time. Hope you recover quickly.
  3. hope4me
    hope4me
    Wow you have gone through and still are. but I'm so happy to hear that you are headed in the right direction for healing. Thanks for coming and sharing your update with us. Oh congrd on that 72 lbs loss. I for one look forward to hearing more about your progress. As for me I'm doing well. I'm just in the stage of being able to eat more and it doesn't seem to be going all that well. I don't like it. so I'm now working on my mind. Trying to get the focus I need to get back to the place I need to be with my food intake. I've came to far with good progress to mess things up. Take care of yourself.
  4. axal33
    axal33
    Thank you! I am happy about the weight loss but I lost 65 lbs in less then 12 weeks due not eating so that is why I couldn't walk. I had to have help for everything including using the restroom & showering. Talk about lost pride!
  5. hope4me
    hope4me
    Well axal33 I'm glad to hear that you are doing much better at least this is what I take you to be saying. And I'm hoping this to be true. Take care. Is this you in the Picture? You are looking good for what I can see. Keep up the good work.
  6. girlfromovertheborder
    girlfromovertheborder
    Did you have a sleeve and what weight did you start with? What went wrong? Did you notice the problems in.mexico?
  7. axal33
    axal33
    My starting weight was 252 and now 176. Surgery was 6/21/13
    I just got out of another 3 day hospital stay, finally my surgeon here in the states was frank .... Said I'll never eat meat or bread again. I'll probably always have these issues including horrible bowell problems. I'm 27 , he says I'll have to learn to live like this. It hurts to even drink. I'm on 3 anxiety medications and still have panic attacks. I'm still learning how to walk/stairs and get off the floor in my own Bc of the weakness. I'm sorry to be Debbie downer , really down today.
  8. Truffles
    Truffles
    I hope the stent eventually does its job and things settle down for you. I'm over a year out and I still don't eat bread so I wouldn't worry about that.

One of the medical problems I was hoping would be resolved for me from having this surgery is my IBS. Unfortunately, I still have it so I can empathize regarding bowel issues.

I'm sorry this is has been such a rough time for you. I hope your healing goes quickly from here on out and you regain your strength.