Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Just Starting

1. Walkeman
    Walkeman
    Anyone in the Virginia Beach area or VA?
  2. meandmeyeboyz
    meandmeyeboyz
    I'm in chesterfield, va and will be sleeved feb 14th.
  3. Walkeman
    Walkeman
    That is great! I still have 5 months to go because of insurance requirments. I am starting my Pre weight loss now. Were are you having your surgery?
  4. meandmeyeboyz
    meandmeyeboyz
    I'm being sleeved in Mexico with Dr. Alvarez. I will be starting my clear liquid diet on the first of Feb along with no more smoking.I'm hoping I haven't bit off more than I can chew w/ all liquid diet and no smoking. I accepted your friend request, thanks you are officially my first friend. Where are you having your surgery at?
  5. Rescuehoney
    Rescuehoney
    I located in Richmond!
  6. badclg1821
    badclg1821
    I am in va beach
  7. mags73
    mags73
    New Kent here! Originally from Chesterfield. Surgery was 3 weeks ago today!
  8. Msvetrn
    I always forget to check the Group as there are no Notifications when someone posts. Welcome all you new folks! I am in Richmond. If you all want to have a "MEET UP", let me know. I'm sure we can find somewhere to meet. I, also, went to Mexico.
  9. fairyzbeth
    fairyzbeth
    I just joined tonight. I do not have a date yet, I just got my psych clearance today, providing that Minnesota testing thing doesn't show I'm crazy. I live in Caroline and am seeing Dr. Kellum at VCU. Anyone have any advice while I wait???
  10. mrspitts11367
    mrspitts11367
    Hi all ,
    I am in Spotsylvania, Va . I have my surgery consult on Thursday Oct 11th in Stafford with the Bluepoint Surgery group. I am excited.
  11. stephmcleod
    stephmcleod
    Hello everyone. I live in Prince William Coutny, VA and have just started the process on getting my surgery approved . So far been a long process just getting referal and many more months to go before I have a set date for surgery. Love all the great support and stories out there. Look foward to conversing with everyone on our experiences and challenges throughout this journey.
  12. AnnaVGS
    AnnaVGS
    I am in Locust Grove, Virginia... 10-15 mins from Spotsylvania/Fredericksburg.
    Misspitt Hey so awesome to see someone near me. I am in the process of getting the 3 drs appointments done so i can have surgery so hopfully by Febuary I will be sleeved. the Hospital is in Richmond St. Marys Hospital.
  13. HeyMo135
    HeyMo135
    Hello,
    Fairfax co here...I'll be going to Bluepoint Surg. group in Fairfax..no date yet! Best of luck everyone!
  14. HeyMo135
    HeyMo135
    Hello,
    Fairfax co here...I'll be going to Bluepoint Surg. group in Fairfax..no date yet! Best of luck everyone!
  15. Karenricha
    Karenricha
    I am in Newport News! Dr Terracina...just starting out!
  16. Survivor
    Survivor
    HELLO EVERYBODY, I was sleeved on the 10th and am doing fantastic!!! I live in Lee Co.
  17. FutureSkinnyGrrl
    FutureSkinnyGrrl
    Hey folks! I am in the Williamsburg, VA area. I am going through Dr. Salzberg's office at Riverside Weight Loss Surgery Center! Anyone got any advice for the impatient waiting :P
  18. Rdoactv
    Rdoactv
    Chesterfield Va here too. Surg date 3/28/13 Mexico. Dr Ramos Kelly. Looks like a few of us in the area. We really should do a meetup at some point.
  19. slfesperman
    slfesperman
    Manassas Va here just started as of Jan 3rd saw Dr. Dockins with Bluepoint just spent last week weening my self off caffine and soda's now on to smokeing only smoked 5 in last two days off to a good start.
  20. Beachtammy
    Beachtammy
    I am in Virginia Beach!! Looking for friends. Surgery in Five days
  21. Cindyrella
    Cindyrella
    Good luck everyone! I am in Fairfax VA and had my surgery Feb. 11 after jumping through hoops for 8 months. I wept when I got my surgery date! Lost 24 lbs. so far...
  22. natedog51
    natedog51
    Hello! I'm in Richmond! I just met with the NP at St. Mary's today. Looks like everything is going well. I have done the 6 mth ins requirement. Still need to do the psych eval and dietitian. NP states it will be an 8-10 time for Aetna to approve. Anyone else have surgery in the works or feedback on St. Mary's?
  23. slfesperman
    slfesperman
    In Manassas Va here finished my last nutrition class yesterday and all my testing is done so waiting ever so patiently for insurance to give the green light can't wait for that phone call
  24. alfasig
    alfasig
    Midlothian, VA here. I had surgery on 2/28 at St. Mary's. My surgeon was Dr. Schroder - and he is an excellent surgeon. Now my opinion on how he is running his new practice, well that is up for debate. But I wanted a great surgeon and that he was. I had to have my surgery at St. Mary's because it is considered a bariatric center of excellence. My only complaint about the hospital is that it is under staffed. The staff they do have are fantastic, but my night nurse was run ragged with no back-up. Agree that we should do a meet up with all these Chesterfield sleevers.
  25. scgrits
    scgrits
    I'm here in Bedford, VA! I just got my call stating that the doctor received my paperwork from the seminar at Roanoke Memorial. I hope to have my surgery done by Dr. Kinga Powers. My insurance does not require a diet before my surgery but I think the doc does. I have my first appt with the doc on June 5th. I'm very excited. Not sure what to expect. On average, how long does it take before you get a surgery date after your first appt? Has anyone had their surgery done by the bariatric clinic in Roanoke, VA?
  26. VaMarti113
    VaMarti113
    Hey VA people! I'm in Fauquier County. My surgery is scheduled for June 4th with Dr. Elariny at Inova Fairfax. I'm SO nervous!!!
  27. irisg77
    irisg77
    i LIVE IN NORFOLK VA I have not had surgey still waiting hopefully soon