Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

What does your food menu look like ?

1. Slamer3
    Slamer3
    Since we are all about the same age in surgery post op, I just wondered what you all are eating ? I'm getting bored eating the same things day in and day out, I'm scared to add things in but I know I need variety at this point. Also what does your dr/ nut say is about the right amount of calories to have in a day ? I hear to low your body shuts down and stores and I hear to much and you gain ....any insight would be gratefully appreciated. I'm getting roughly 800 to 900 calories...trying to get 100 G protein a day but fall short most days ....thanks for your time !
  2. DefyGravity
    DefyGravity
    Go on MFP and check my diaries. I have mainly chicken, yogurt and protein shakes, but in varying ways. Trader Joe's has chicken meatballs that are awesome and I just got these chicken burgers with caramelized onions and gouda cheese mixed in them that are really tasty. I am constantly on the lookout for easy things that taste good. Trader Joe's also has thai lime shrimp skewers that are really good. My calorie goal and protein goal is about the same as yours. I also limit my carbs to about 30-35.
  3. Sweetessa
    Sweetessa
    I have been eating a lot of those little tins of flavored tuna haha... starting to wonder if that's a good idea though? I also enjoy cup-o-soups and lentils, very well cooked chicken, and extra lean beef meatballs. I just drank a smoothie of mixed frozen fruit, water, and stevia for sweetener. It was very tasty - should have added protein but I am having a hard time stomaching it lately because I am sick of the smell.
  4. Slamer3
    Slamer3
    Defygravity are we friends on mfp ? If so what name do you go by ? If not plz add me slamer3@sbcglobal.net
  5. DefyGravity
    DefyGravity
    On MFP, I am colleengt. I checked yesterday and we are friends.
  6. LisaNunu
    LisaNunu
    (Other than the week I went crazy) I have been eating mostly chicken and tuna a little bit of lean meat - I feel like I am not eating enough vegetables - but there isn't a whole lot of room after the meat! I am eating around 800-850 cal, 70-80 protein. I really like greek yogurt (Dannon 100) and Weight Watchers string cheese is on 50 cal each - the smoked kind is really good!
  7. Jigglypuff
    Jigglypuff
    I have a list of yummy things. Seafood like crab, shrimp, salmon, scallops, all separated into small servings and frozen. Veggie burgers and bean burger patties (I don't eat red meat at all). Yogurt (with extra protein and granola), chocolate pudding, cottage cheese, Baybel cheese, butternut squash and spaghetti squash. I still love my chocolate-peanut butter protein shakes made with Silk for breakfast too. I eat every 2 hrs after my shake. But I only eat about 2 oz's each time. I won't eat white carbs, red meat, candy, or high in sodium foods. I'll precook things and eat that meal for the next two days most of the time. The frozen veggie burgers or seafood I cook with veggies like olives, tomatoes, garlic or onions and put some kind of yummy sauce on them like a hot sauce or a pesto depending on my mood. Everything I make is fast, healthy, easy and delicious! I have a food scale and measure out my servings too. So that helps.