Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Sad................

1. Charlie47
    Charlie47
    I just recently learned one of our July Sleevers has passed away due to complications from surgery. Her name was Roxanne, she went by Rox in this group here.
    I am not sure of any of the details.
    It just really saddens me to read this about her. I knew of the risk going into the surgery but I guess I never really thought something could/would happen from having this surgery.
  2. Sandiegojill
    Sandiegojill
    Omg, I talked to her a lot. Do you know any details? I'm so sad!!!!
  3. Charlie47
    Charlie47
    No I dont know of any details. I just happened to come across a post in the forum.
    If you go to
    Member Introductions, Social Announcements & Good Wishes there is a post in there from a family member named Jay Smith titled "do you want to die" I read it and that's when I figured out who she was.
  4. DefyGravity
    DefyGravity
    I copied and pasted this from a thread on the After Surgery board... It is beyond sad.

Default Re: Rules question, Please? Are we not permitted to speak of Sleeve Deaths here?
    **UPDATE**

Since news about Roxanne is flying around the various forums people are apparently calling Dr. Aceves' office and asking what happened.

Dr. Aceves office is officially claiming that Roxanne had a pre existing heart condition that she intentionally failed to disclose for fear she would be turned down for surgery. They are claiming that she was denied surgery by two surgeons in the US and one in Mexico due to this heart condition so they are stating clearly that they had no idea about this heart condition and would have denied her surgery had they known.

They are also claiming her husband was aware of this and "...even when Roxanne was crashing and dying the Mr. Heitkamp continued to deny his wife's medical cardiac history."

They are denying all claims of a leak or sepsis.

This is untrue information. Roxanne never applied for surgery in the US, she couldn't afford it. It was Mexico or nothing. There are no surgeons that declined her surgery in the US or Mexico because she had no heart condition. Other than obesity she was overall, quite healthy.

As of last night Dr. Aceves office declined to answer their phones for the last 2 days.

One can only imagine my feelings at this point regarding Dr. Aceves and his staff for blaming Roxanne and her husband for her death. I won't even use any adjectives at this point, I don't have anything nice to write. I would imagine they will have a difficult time explaining why they took her back to surgery to work on a leak if their claim is accurate, she passed from a heart condition.

Mr. Heitkamp will be following through with the Mexican Government Officials so he can follow through legally.

Just for the record, Roxanne had no pre existing heart condition. While I am quite sure her heart did fail at the moment she died, the fact remains that she passed away from a leak and sepsis.
  5. Bella66
    Bella66
    Oh my heart breaks for her and her family. This is such sad sad news......
  6. LisaNunu
    LisaNunu
    How horrible - my heart goes out to her family and if what you say is true about the doctor office trying to cover up - that is unthinkable.