Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Nausea?

1. Phreakinout
    Phreakinout
    Hello, July Sleevers!

Is anyone having a problem with nausea?? Everything I eat or drink has been making me nauseous. I know on a couple of occasions it's because I ate or drank too fast. But in the last few days everything makes me sick. I seem to do OK with milk and that's about it. Anyone been through this yet?
  2. LtWeight
    LtWeight
    I haven't experienced any nausea so far (14 days out).
  3. 415jayhawk
    415jayhawk
    i had some the first few days after surgery. my dr had given me a prescription for anti nausea meds that you put under your tongue
  4. AllyB1967
    AllyB1967
    I have had the same problem these last couple of days and in fact did some dry heaving today but nothing came out. I was sleeved 7/25/2013 and I am really struggling with the Pureed food. When food doesn't look good, I don't want to eat and pureed food sure doesn't look good! I am also having the problem where I can eat a pureed meat and it may taste good at that time but the thought of having it again for another "meal" makes me sick to my stomach.
  5. Happagirl
    Happagirl
    Sleeved July 29th. No nausea or dry heaving, but I am still on Full Liquids. But my team said if I had nausea to call them for prescription. I am a little nervous about starting my next phase of Pureed foods.
  6. Phreakinout
    Phreakinout
    I'm also getting a very acidy feeling that seems to be higher up near the opening (esaphagus into stomach.) It feels like severe hunger pains but I know that can't happen. I skipped a few days of Protonix and started taking it again yesterday. Hopefully that'll help. It's such a gnawing feeling. I can't sleep!
  7. AllyB1967
    AllyB1967
    Phreakinout - I get that same acidy feeling and that hunger feeling too. I also get a lot of gurgling in my throat/neck. This is part of why I had a weight issue because that acidy feeling always made me sick so I would eat to avoid it.
  8. Phreakinout
    Phreakinout
    Exactly! I even had a hiatal hernia repaired that caused a lot of the GERD issues. But now I feel like I need to drink milk or eat something to soothe it.
  9. Charlie47
    Charlie47
    I was sleeved on July 10th & given a month prescription for aciphex. I called the office a few days ago for a refill
    It really helps with the acid and the nausea feeling.
  10. Phreakinout
    Phreakinout
    They rx'd something for me today called Carafate. It's for ulcers and I'm supposed to take it 4x a day. The only problem is the pills are huge! I don't think they're going to go down. I'm going to call and see if I can get the liquid form tomorrow.
  11. CarriD
    CarriD
    Been there done that and still have those days! Milk has protien so just drink it and go with the flow! I took some meds for nausea at first ... didn't help a bit I let the moody little pouch decide for herself what she'd like to have for the day...
  12. Phreakinout
    Phreakinout
    Started the liquid Carafate last night. It's for the acidy feeling. It's definitely worse than before and especially when I lay down. Hopefully this stuff will help.