Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Is Your Weight Loss Slowing Down?

1. bestnester
    bestnester
    Hello! I'm about halfway through my 5th month and I'm trying to stay focused on the end goal, but its hard not to focus on my weekly weigh in results. I feel selfish to complain because I know I'm ahead of schedule according to my surgeon. He was thinking I'd hit 100 pounds loss by 9 months, well I hit that by 5 months. My focus lately is on my physical body not the weight. I'm working out and watching my body shape change.

How is your weight loss changing? Last week I lost 3 pounds while this week it was 1.5 pounds. My goal is 2-5 pounds a week so I'm a bit disappointed that I didn't hit 2 pounds this week since I killed it at the gym at times burning over 1,000 calories in intense cardio classes.
  2. SueRMA
    SueRMA
    I am at 49% body fat weight-loss but now I am loosing nothing. I have gone back to an all liquid diet trying to get past this long stall. I am open for suggestions, I'm very frustrated.
  3. StephF89
    StephF89
    So I think it's definitely slowed down. I hit the 100lb mark too *YAY!* and I have an excel spreadsheet that I check in with my weekly weigh ins and it down the math of how much I lost during the week, how much I've lost over all, what's my avg weekly weight loss, and my current bmi.

I'm losing about 2-3lbs a week, but there have been 3 weeks its been .8lbs, 1.4lbs, and 1.8lbs. My weekly average is getting lower each time I update so obviously it's not 10lbs a week or 8lbs a week anymore. I notice that in my 4th and 5th month I lost about 12pbs total both months, so I'm guessing that's where I'm going to be hovering around. 10-15lbs a month. Which isn't as drastic as the beginning but I have about 32lbs to go as of this morning so if I keep the 10-15lbs it'll be between October/November that I hit goal. (8 to 9 months) and big picture wise? That ain't too shabby!

I noticed I lose a bit slower a week before my period, and then lose a little extra right before I start... Water retnention maybe? Idk.

I'm rambling now.

Bottom Line: We are doing amazing for being 5.5months out!
  4. Debi Lee
    Debi Lee
    Don't forget you may be building some muscle while working out. That will add weight but not girth. I think we are all impatient and want to just lose lose lose. I didn't have much to lose - about 60 lbs - and I've even subtracted another 15 lbs to get to my goal weight - from 150 to 135 - but looking at myself in the mirror I don't see a difference. I can tell through measurements and going down 10 sizes in clothing. I can now truly understand how anorexic people see themselves as fat regardless of their appearance.