Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

2 days Post Op

1. MBee
    MBee
    Last night was icky, I had dry heaves and thought I was going to die...After getting back on schedule with pain meds, and anti nausea meds I feel much better. The TMI part is passing gas, I have belched with just about every sip of fluid I take in and last night I had intestinal gas, hiccups are almost as bad as dry heaves. I think that relieved some abdominal pressure. I have been walking and feel pretty good. I have double vision and cannot read small print right now, apparently a side effect of the nausea patch, I think it also causes balance issues, weird stuff! I have also had a hard time distinguishing pain and nausea, I am a little sore but not bad. So I am taking pain meds just in case it was the pain causing me to be nauseas. I keep telling myself in 2 weeks I will feel totally different. I hope everyone else is doing well. This is quite a journey we signed up for, praying for the best outcome. My hope is to have strength and not feel as weak soon.
  2. fatspidey
    fatspidey
    I quit the pain meds after the first night home as pain meds alone can cause nausea. I have had dry heaves a few times. Learning to take meds that are crushed has been part of cause but that has gotten better. Every day has been better. I had surgery on Monday and today has been the day I had the most soreness. I have been able to sleep on both side for some time. I am a stomach sleeper and that is a long ways away. Good luck, it does get better.
  3. Kasrocks
    Kasrocks
    Every day gets better. My first four days were hell. You got this. Just take one day at a time. I found Popsicles saved my life. The sugar was a pick me up. Good luck
  4. Tamar83
    Tamar83
    I am 4 days out. I still have the dry heave and today something new started. I get the foamy stuff that comes up with my hiccups. Its making me think wtf did I do to myself, but than I realize it will all be worth it to be healthy. I guess lol
  5. MBee
    MBee
    Thank you, I appreciate the feedback! This afternoon I had a foamy mouth, but no heaves or super nausea today! I am ready for some Popsicles! I have only had G2 and water, but I am going to start sipping my Isopure and maybe make some of that into Popsicles.i will continue to move forward!
  6. trendyjenn
    trendyjenn
    Popsicles and water ice have helped with the nausea.
  7. johnny15676
    johnny15676
    It gets better.

I am 4 days post op and was in a terrible state for the first two days. Throwing up, pain. nausea, drowsiness! I couldnt believe I had done this voluntarily. I am now feeling lots better. Getting out of hospital and coming home helped loads. I am finding it hard to drink as much as I have been told do, particularly the more substantial meal type drinks. Sleeping is tough as I also used to sleep on my chest or side - I just cant sleep on my back Also having foamy stuff and lots of spitting.
  8. doloresemerson
    doloresemerson
    The Icee brand popsicles are awesome. I am so sorry you feel bad. It gets better.