Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Anxious over pre-op cheats

1. slnjcinap
    slnjcinap
    I have surgery on Wednesday and have had two big meal size pre-op diet cheats the past couple of days. I am dealing with a bunch of anxiety over moving into a new apartment, not being able to sleep, and stressing over the surgery. I hope the set back doesn't make it to where they wont do my surgery! Really worried now.

Did anyone else who has had the surgery do ok if you slipped up a couple of days?
  2. Sweetessa
    Sweetessa
    My surgeon is Dr. Michel Gagner and he doesn't requite any pre-op diet! Hopefully you will be fine, just try not to cheat again :-) its weird how there is such variation in the diets.
  3. donielle
    donielle
    I cheated a few times when i didnt feel good but ate some skinless grilled chicken. You just need to watch your fat and sugar content so your liver shrinks and makes it easier for your surgeon. Just try to be strict the last 3 days, that is how long it takes for your liver to shrink up! Good luck!
  4. Shaquayla
    Shaquayla
    Hey Im 9 days post op..two days before I slipped up..I had been strict and lost 11kg before op..I reconized I slipped up so just had clear lo cal soups the next few days..they were quick..cup soup type things..so when busy an anxious..you dont have to think..so please dont stress..just try some quick lo cal soups to get you back on track and dropping weight.The just got me by untill I could focus again .We are human and we all slip at times..Keep going.warmest hugs..
  5. RoDean
    RoDean
    Don't beat yourself up about it, it was a slip and they will happen. Just get right back on track and if your surgery is in 3 days I strongly suggest nothing but clear liquids from this point on. The last thing you want is to wake up with holes punched all over your tummy and them telling you they couldn't do the surgery. Be strong, you can do this, we are all hear to offer support and help!!
  6. Charlie47
    Charlie47
    Get back on your diet and follow it till surgery. Not sure how strict your doctor is. Mine told me if my liver was not shrunk enough he would not complete the surgery. Best of luck ♥
  7. NAE NAE
    NAE NAE
    I am 4 days post op (July 10 surgery date). I did not have to follow a 2 week pre-op diet. I was told the day before surgery, liquids only and to drink a bottle of magnesium citrate around 2 pm. I was told to lose 5 pounds prior to surgery so 2 days before surgery I drank liquids only and drank the citrate. So you definitely will be fine. The main concern is to have your body free of anything in the stomach prior to surgery which you can do 1 to 2 days prior. And by the way, GOOD LUCK!! My surgery was a breeze. I have very little soreness today. The second day was my worst soreness day. Make sure you follow directions of walking frequently following surgery and sitting in the chair. Stay out of the bed as much as possible. It will help you mobile wise in the long run.