Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

In Our 5th Month

1. bestnester
    bestnester
    Hello fellow February sleevers! It still shocks me that we are 5 months post op, I swear the first two months felt forever long as I struggled to adjust, but after that the time has simply flown by. Lets all check in!

Weight loss: The past few weeks have been "hilly" for me. No drastic loss like last month. One week last month I lost 7 lbs. Not anymore, more steady 2-5 lbs a week, which I'm perfectly happy with. Weigh in on Thursday and hope to hit 236 which would be 100lbs lost! I hit my 5 month mark on the 14th and my goal was to lose 100lbs by my 6 month mark. I have a goal of hitting 150 lbs lost by 1 year. That would give me 7 months to lose 50 more lbs. Realistic? I dunno, but I'll try!

Food: I moved across country and that threw everything off. I stopped taking vitamins, no shakes, poor snacking. It became convenience over importance. I have since gotten it together and drink a shake with my vitamins first thing in the morning so I don't forget. I'm eating way to many carbs, so that's my new goal this month. The convenience of a cracker verses making something with protein in this hot summer is the issue. Still eating lots of healthy items, not tracking food since that got me crazy, and just living. Lots of fresh fruit!

Exercise: This has been a great new accomplishment. Making it to the gym at least 4-5 times a week. Last week I did a morning class AND night one. I shocked myself lol. Just gonna really step that up and tighten this body up!

Mental and Emotional: I feel like a new person. I'm confident. I'm secure in who I am, and its not just because of the weight loss. I love this lifestyle, love knowingly future is bright.

So, how are YOU?!?!
  2. jennysbox25
    jennysbox25
    I am so glad you made this post! We need to keep up with each and our progress!!
  3. betsyryn
    betsyryn
    Wow, first of all, 100 lbs?!??! You rock! I was sleeved Valentine's Day and I'm down 60 lbs. My loss has slowed down too but I feel great! My only problem now is that my hair is falling out! Like a LOT!!! I've always had very thin, fine hair so I've actually had extensions for the past several years. Well now, my hair is falling out so bad, I'm not even sure the fake hair will stay in! So I've been kind of on an emotional rollercoaster as of late. I feel great with my weight loss, now weigh 180, yay! BUT, my hair loss makes me feel gross and ugly. I know it's temporary but it still sucks! I've been taking so many vitamins but have slacked in the protein area. I probably only get in about 50-60 a day so I've been consciously trying to increase that. I guess I just need to ride it out. Any suggestions on protein snacks? I still have a hard time with lean meats but I can stomach protein bars pretty well. I eat string, Greek yogurt, and cottage cheese every day. Anyway, sorry to vent, so glad you're doing so well! Keep up the great work and you'll be at your next goal in no time! xoxo
  4. malwes99
    malwes99
    I had my surgery Feb 22 and down 70 pounds. I am not exercising since I work three jobs and focusing on English but come August 1st I am getting the bike out and start riding. Things are going well. However I have picked up a bad habit...fat free wheat thins. Other than my food intake is limited when I am not at home with the box of wheat thins. My overall goal is 160 lbs(weight)--which is about 92 pounds left. I can't tell you how heavy I was at my highest but around surgery time I was 323. I can see in pictures and clothes I have lost weight and it feels good. My hair is falling out so I am taking everything I can for it. Please pray about my wheat thin habit other than that I am feeling great and continue to loose weight, sometimes a pound or two a week and other weeks about a pound a day.
  5. StephF89
    StephF89
    I was sleeved Valentine's day and I'm down 90lbs as of last week's weigh in. I would *love* to hit 100 down by the 14th but I don't want to beat myself up if I don't hit that. So, seeing as my birthday is Aug 9, I'd like to be down 100lbs by my birthday Anything more than 100 by my birthday will be a perk! I still have about 43lbs to drop before I am at my self chosen goal, but who knows, that may change when I get there. Ideally I'd like to be "pre-son" weight... Where I was before I got pregnant with my son. I am currently the lowest I've been in about 7yrs, I weigh 20lbs less than I did at about halfway through my pregnancy with him. I am inching my way towards Onederland and I am SO excited to see a number that starts with a 1__!!! I know when I see 199.9 or less I am going to cry like a baby. When I first stepped on the scale after surgery and saw it start with a 2 my husband had to almost catch me I was sobbing so hard.

So let me break it down like bestnester lol

Weight Loss - 90lbs down, 43 to go, hoping to hit 100lbs down by my birthday Aug 9
    Food/Drink - Mostly small portions of whatever the family eats at home. My staples are eggs, cottage cheese, lunch meat, tuna, chicken breast... I drink water. That's it. Ice. Flippin. COLD. Water. and maybe a small slurpee once a month or so.
    Exercise - When I get paid I'm joining a gym I found out here. (Moved out of state a week post op!) I have been walking, swimming, playing baseball with the neighborhood kids, and using my little under desk bike.
    Mental and Emotional - Making the mental swap from fat girl to thinner girl is interesting. Instead of my default being "I just want to eat and sleep all day" my default is "Let's go outside!" or "Let's go for a walk!" "I'm going to take the stairs." or, my fave, "Just park wherever." But then I have my fat girl days where I just want to lounge, but without the food.

So far its been an awesome journey. I wouldn't change it for the world.
  6. Debi Lee
    Debi Lee
    WOW everyone is doing great. My sleeve was Feb 13. I weighed 226 and am down to 166. Like you bestnstr, my loss is slowing down, although I do go to the gym 5 days a week. I only have another 20 lbs to lose so I am ecstatic. I've gone from a size 24 to a size 14!! My biggest downfall are Ritz crackers. It is so much easier to get 5 crackers and go about with my business. In fact it's way TOO easy, so I am working hard to curb that bad habit. I still am having a lot of difficult eating animal protein. It just doesn't set right with me. Which is fine, I have become vegetarian and have no problems with indigestion there. Keep up the good work everyone.
  7. relkins2
    relkins2
    Weight loss: Down 70.2 lbs. since my surgery date of 2/28/13, 45.8 left to go. I average 2-5 lbs. per week. One goal that I made over the last month is my BMI “classification” changing from Obese to Overweight. Funny to be excited about being called Overweight .
    Food: Learning. Over this last month I have noticed how much better my food choices have been. I enjoy eating healthy (although I eat not so healthy things sometimes). And the great part of it, I don’t feel like I am “dieting” and forcing myself to eat like that. I just like it better .
    Exercise: Still going strong! I love that I am actually seeing results and some muscle tone! My husband and I workout pretty hardcore. We train Strongman. Attached is a picture of me and my friend pushing a F250 truck as a part of our workout (I'm in the pink shorts).
    Mental & Emotional: I haven’t felt confident like this in so long. I love it!
  8. relkins2
    relkins2
    Weight loss: Down 70.2 lbs. since my surgery date of 2/28/13, 45.8 left to go. I average 2-5 lbs. per week. One goal that I made over the last month is my BMI “classification” changing from Obese to Overweight. Funny to be excited about being called Overweight .

Food: Learning. Over this last month I have noticed how much better my food choices have been. I enjoy eating healthy (although I eat not so healthy things sometimes). And the great part of it, I don’t feel like I am “dieting” and forcing myself to eat like that. I just like it better .

Exercise: Still going strong! I love that I am actually seeing results and some muscle tone! My husband and I workout pretty hardcore. We train Strongman. Sunday me and my friend pushed a F250 truck as a part of our workout for 40ft.

Mental & Emotional: I haven’t felt confident like this in so long. I love it!
  9. suddenlyslim
    suddenlyslim
    Hello All,
    I was sleeved on 02/22/2013..I was 217 and now I'm 140. My weight has slowed down tremendously. I do drink my protein shakes every morning. I do get tired of them. I really miss my breakfast. I eat two meals a day and my surgeon does not recommend snacking. I have lost 77lbs. Yayyy!!!!!!!!! I feel wonderful. I exercise at least 5 times a week and is preparing for my first 5K in August. I am 15 lbs away from my goals and hopefully I reach it before my anniversary. I sometimes miss my chocolates and sodas, but I know those things are what got me to being obese in the first place. Good luck to everyone and I wish each of you success with your goals.
  10. bestnester
    bestnester
    You all sound wonderful!! There is something special about being in a group like this knowing we are all on the same time frame of experiences. I think if I have learned anything from this site, is that everyone has their own journey. Some may lose weight at a slower more consistent pace, while others seem to lose it more quickly. In the end, we all are heading towards a goal of a healthier life. Props to you all!
  11. JuzDuIt
    JuzDuIt
    Hello all! I am new to this site and could use some advice... My loss has slowed considerably. I am down 40# total, 10 pre-op and 30 since surgery (2/4/13). I love my surgeon but he is very laid back about things like exact calories, etc. I think I need to work within set parameters or I get too lax... Soooo, how many calories do you all try to stick to? I think I have one of those cast-iron sleeves you read about. Nothing bothers me! I wish it did - would make not eating easier!

I've been averaging 1000-1200 calories a day - too much? I post on MyFitnessPal (same name) so if anyone wants to look at my food diary feel free! I do spin 2-3x a week and other workouts here and there. I've gone from 48% body fat down to 35%... went from a size 16 pants to a size 10. I'm off BP meds and have packed up my sleep apnea machine! VERY happy with all that, but would now like the scale to move more!!!! At 180, and anly 5'3" I should weigh below 140. So, I'm halfway there. But I've been 180 for over a month now!

I get nervous about eating below 1000 calories - SOOOO many opinions out there - "you'll screw up your metabolism", etc. Any thoughts on this?

Thanks for any insites on this topic!
  12. Sueakes
    Sueakes
    My weight lost is slower than what I expected, but I'm happy with any progress. I feel so much better physically and mentally. I can really feel a difference in myself and my attitude. The weight literally and figuratively kept me down. I am having some hair loss now. I try to keep myself motivated and exercising on a regular basis. The new clothes are an excellent incentive.
  13. gudgrlal
    gudgrlal
    Hi everyone! I was sleeved on Feb. 4th, and I'm down 73 pounds (218 to 145) and feel great! There are still days when I don't get enough protein or don't drink enough water and then I feel a little sluggish, but other than that...fantastic! I go to the gym at least 3x a week...I still don't LIKE going, but I know I'll feel better once it's over! Lol! Eating is great...I can eat just about anything except I've stayed away from bread, rice, pasta and sweets. Also, I can eat tuna, but make that into tuna salad and it makes me sick every. single. time. I've tried with low fat mayo, olive oil based mayo, a tsp. of mayo. and nothing works, so not more tuna salad for this girl! I don't feel deprived of anything and can honestly say I love every bite of protein I put in my mouth! Lol! I average between 700-800 calories a day. Sometimes a little more, sometimes a little less. Just kinda figuring my way through this as I go. I try to keep up with everything on myfitnesspal, but some days I don't get around to it. Everything usually stays about the same. This hair falling out mess is for the birds! I HATE seeing so much hair going down the drain, but then I remember that eventually it will grow back, EVENTUALLY! If I have to get a wig until then, so be it. Glad everyone is doing well and LOVE getting to keep up with you all!
  14. nkemji
    nkemji
    I was sleeved on February 6. I consider my weigh loss to be slow, but I think that's primarily because I haven't been exercising, and was consuming too many fruits. I went to a nutritionist, and she gave me some advice which I have started to do. My pre-surgery weight was 249 pounds. I am now at 203. I am soooooo looking forward to One-derland! I have not weighed less than 200 in forever!!!! I am also going to start exercising to try to increase the weight loss. Problem is I have a herniated disk in my back, and as such, I cannot do too much. My birthday is august 31, and i really hope I will be less than 200 pounds by then. As far as eating is concerned, I know my enemies are carbs and sweets so i avoid them as much as possible. For breakfast, I had eggs, lunch some fish or chicken and salad; i don't usually eat dinner, usually just a protein bar. sometimes i will have a protein shake.
    People have been noticing and commenting on my weight loss....i did not tell many persons about my surgery, actually, only 2 of my girlfriends and my husband know I did it. My goal weight is 170.......don't know when i will get there, but one pound at a time........