Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Heading to Dr. Shillingfords in the morning!

1. Kelli D
    Kelli D
    Well tomorrow is my 1st appointment post op with Dr. Shillingford. Does anyone have any questions you want me to ask him as a general question while I am there? If so, let me know and I will ask away. Looking forward to my weigh in and hoping for a good outcome!! Let you know how it goes tomorrow!!

Kelli
  2. JENUWINE
    JENUWINE
    Hey Kelli! I'm so excited for you! Unfortunately I won't get a follow up since I'm in VA and have just been emailing questions as they come. I'm sure Nancy is sick of me at this point lol. How much water/protein shakes are you taking in a day? I feel like I'm drinking way too much (120+ oz and 5-6 protein shakes) and am nervous all those liquids are stretching out my stomach already! Maybe you can check with him and see what he thinks? Besides that, being 9 days out I'm feeling not too bad just a bit sore, hope all is well on your end and healing as it should! Let me know how tomorrow goes --Jennifer
  3. JENUWINE
    JENUWINE
    Maybe what I was more so worried about is that I'm taking very large sips, practically gulps... so maybe it's the pace at which I'm able to drink water and shakes without pain is what scares me.
  4. Kelli D
    Kelli D
    So I have lost 17 pounds so far! This does include the 2 week pre op liquid diet and he told me I am on target and doing well. He spent and entire hour with me and would have spent more time if I needed it. The stiches came out with no pain at all. I have had no complications what so ever and couldn't be happier with the way things have turned out. Today he gave me the go on eating whatever I want!! I just have to make sure that it is chewed up really good and only add 1 new food at a time. Have a great weekend!!

Kelli
  5. Namaste
    Namaste
    Hi Everyone:
    I had my first post-op visit with Dr. Shillingford. I can't tell you how happy I am with him & his entire staff. He is so kind & caring & the consummate professional. I feel so blessed to have found him. Like they say, "when the student is ready, the teacher appears." I have the utmost confidence in him. It was nice to get the stitches out (didn't feel a thing). He also progressed my diet to puree & soft foods. I had 3 oz of baked chicken last night. No problems. Chewed until I couldn't chew any more & really took my time. That's a first for me, I usually inhale the first half of the meal I woke up this morning, glad to be alive and feeling better each day. I thank Dr. Shillingford for giving me my life back. Namaste!
  6. CaptJoe
    CaptJoe
    Hey guys! I am having my sleeve done the second week of December!! I am very excited. My sister and brother in law both had bypass done in Cali and think I am crazy for getting the sleeve. From everything I have read seems like most of you are doing well. I too am so happy with dr. Shillingford and Nancy! They are just great! I am self pay so things seem to be really smooth so far! How is his nut? I have not met with he or she yet. Looking forward to the big day!
  7. Kelli D
    Kelli D
    Dr. Shillingford is a fantastic surgeon and Nancy is the best!! I had such an easy recovery and really appreciated that he puts us back on food quicker than some of the other doctors. I honestly haven't been to the nutritionist because I am 4 hours away. If the NUT is as good as everyone else he hires you will be in good hands. If you have any questions please feel free to ask!!
  8. CaptJoe
    CaptJoe
    Kelli,

Since you never saw the Nut, did you just go by the guideline diet that he gave you? Or did you come up with your own? Most of my questions right now are mostly about the diet. It really worries me that I will mess it up. I am overweight because of such poor eating choices, that's what I am afraid of most.