Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

when to start REAL food

1. Melisorig
    Melisorig
    My Nut told me that I can start a regular diet on Monday, at 4 weeks post-op. But I have read on this sight that most people do 6 weeks of soft food. Was wondering what everyone else's is eating at 4 weeks post-op.
  2. Jillypie
    Jillypie
    I'm eating chicken, turkey and fish along with soft foods like refried beans, hummus, etc. I don't blend it though, I find that repulsive...I chew each small bite up REALLY well before swallowing it. It's been working out really well.
  3. ashleylee03
    ashleylee03
    My suregon said 5 weeks out you can start a regular diet.
  4. ashleylee03
    ashleylee03
    I am allowed what jilly said as well.
  5. robsgal
    robsgal
    I had baked chicken cut into tineee tiny pieces with mashed potatoes and so far the chicken is settling pretty well with my tummy. I also had tuna last night and it was very good no problems with my tummy either. I am a month post op today. Can't believe its already a month.
  6. shinson
    shinson
    I am still trying to find foods that do not make my tummy rumble and do weird things and I am 6 weeks post. I can no longer eat eggs without getting sick, tried them scrambled and poached. I am still eating soft foods and try to incorporate new foods each day to figure out what I like. Question: After I eat the few bites my stomach can hold I feel bloated after, does anyone else feel that way. Also sometimes even after a very small meal of soft foods sometimes I feel nauseated and have to lay down. Tums have become my best friend after a meal.
  7. losingweightgaininglife
    losingweightgaininglife
    My doctor had me introduce soft foods at 3 weeks they recommend going slow 1 new food a day and If you get sick at all go back to puréed food for 2 meals then start again. Hope this helps!
  8. dshyre1047
    dshyre1047
    I have eaten chicken and fish mostly. I had a few bites of a hamburger patty just to try. Did fine no rolls or bread. I had a piece of toast well done and it was fine. Tried green beans no good. Not so good with vegetables yet and no other beef.
  9. christinaja
    christinaja
    I can eat soft solid foods right now, like canned chicken, deli chicken and turkey, fish, and anything that isn't "tough." I can also have well-cooked veggies with no thick skins or a ton of fiber(I.e. no broccoli) and canned fruit without skin, cottage cheese, ricotta, and things like hummus, refried beans, laughing cow cheese, etc. For dinner tonight, I had a small piece of salmon filet cooked with dill, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, pepper, and a lemon slice, some homemade tzatziki sauce(Greek yogurt, pureed cucumber with no seeds or skin, a little lemon juice, and fresh dill) and a few green beans. It all stayed down well and NO pain.
    I have been brave and tried a nice, juicy thick-cut pork chop(not so good)...and went out to Applebee's with my husband and had the Portobello chicken(it's on the Weight watchers menu) with no potatoes and extra veggies to sub for potatoes. I had about 1/4 of the chicken and a few bites of the cooked zucchini and portobellos. It also stayed down well.
  10. WaywardSmiles
    WaywardSmiles
    Follow your surgeon's and nutritionist's recommendations. In 2 days (6 weeks) I can start to introduce regular foods...1 new food per day to make sure it doesn't bother me. If nauseated or feeling pain, I am to go back to soft foods for another week before trying again. And to Shinson...be careful about laying down after eating, our sleeves don't have the peristalsis(the squeezing and pushing) of a whole stomach and rely on gravity to help move food through. We will all tolerate foods at different rates, so we all must listen to our sleeves. Best wishes to all...