Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Heartburn

1. Angerra
    Angerra
    I know we sleevers can't take NSAIDS, but are heartburn medications safe?? I was thinking of taking Prilosec, which is a daily pill. My heartburn has been intense since surgery last week.
  2. ShandyLeigh11
    ShandyLeigh11
    Yes, you can take Prilosec. In fact, that was one of the meds they offered to sell us.
  3. LadybugRN
    LadybugRN
    I swear by it. You can buy it over the counter now. If I don't take it for a couple of days my heartburn returns.
  4. Rusa
    Rusa
    I take omeprazole right now, does anyone know if that's still safe
  5. StephF89
    StephF89
    I go to Costco and get the big pack. I take one everyday, or else my sleeve gets really mad.
  6. Michalannie
    Michalannie
    Omeprazole is the same as Priolosec and the best price is Costco, its actually on sale this month. My husband and I had our sleeves done in January and we take it faithfully, if we forget....we can really tell! Good luck
  7. Iris
    Iris
    The heartburn eventually lessens and goes away. I'm at 8 weeks and haven't taken a Zantac in almost a week now. I still have bouts of heartburn but it's nothing like it was.
  8. azladyrider
    azladyrider
    I'm nearly a year out and I don't remember having heartburn past 3 or 4 months.
  9. relkins2
    relkins2
    Good to know. I get heartburn after drinking a glass of water! I hope it lessens as time goes by.
  10. Country girl50+
    Country girl50+
    I take Protonix for severe acid reflux now and never miss a day or I pay big time. I wonder if I will still be able to take the same thing for acid reflux after the sleeve?