Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

No starch for 6 months post op to maximize weight loss!?!

1. DebNC
    DebNC
    Saw my nutritionist yesterday (3 week post op visit) and he said something that really hit home! "Take advantage of the first 6 months...use your new tool!" (your greatest opportunity to drop the most weight the quickest) and he suggested NO starches (potatoes, rice, flours other than soy or almond flour, any sugars, grains, any pasta, corn, peas, bread, chips, cookies -even the high protein ones, etc) for 6 months!! He said your only carbs should be thru approved fruits and veggies and dairy/protein powders & lo-carb bars. I had stalled for ~10 days (although lost over 13# the first week)...and 36 hours on the no starches...down 4#! Knowledge is def power and I am more motivated than ever to "be good". Has anyone been told something similar?
  2. dbarnes7
    dbarnes7
    That sounds like great advice, very hard to stick with, but good advice.
  3. HoustonLatina
    HoustonLatina
    I was told the same thing. I thinking I'm doing pretty good 36 lbs down since 4/01.
  4. SandraD
    SandraD
    Thanks for sharing that information!
  5. Casslang
    Casslang
    Yes I am amazed when I here others eat potatoes, pasta, or rice I only get carbs from vegetables and fruits and what's in my protein I am 6 weeks out and 28lbs down and haven't had a stall so far
  6. DebNC
    DebNC
    Great to hear that those of you skipping the starchies are seriously kicking some A$%*&! haha ...feel great today and not at all "hungry" for those starches - ate my first skinned apple in a month - yummo! lol Everyone keep up the great work!