Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Questions?

1. cjoyner
    cjoyner
    Hello everyone, Dec. 1 is quickly approaching and there are things popping in my head all the time that I'm not sure about. I am just going to go w/o polish but does Dr. Almanza want you to go w/o nail polish since we are having surgery? Also i am getting nervous about the liquid diet. I am afraid of doing something wrong. And I am worried about bad headaches. I can't take anything, right? I know that probably sounds stupid. Also, the ones of you that have already been sleeved, were you given things not to do (information)? I was told not to drink out of a straw from a friend -ever again. I am starting to be a little antcy. Guess that is a downfall with going to Mexico.
  2. Shoppingbeemom
    Shoppingbeemom
    Hi, the nail polish is off because of the sensor they put on the nail ( heart). They can also look at your clean nails and if they turn blue it means something else ( I can't remember what). The liquid diet is to shrink your liver, it makes it safer, smaller. I was able to take my meds and I can use a straw. Some people suck in alot of air when they use a straw and it gives them gass pain. A couple of things I would advise people to do is to go get your check up ( with blood work) before your surgery and to make sure you have post op care for after your surgery. Also, make sure your insurance covers you after your surgery, some won't. I went to Dr Almanza and they took very good care of me. I hope this helps, best wishes
  3. cjoyner
    cjoyner
    yeah, I knew why not to wear polish & why the diet but I didn't know if Dr. Almanza required it. I haven't really been told anything except to do the diet 7 days before. Thanks for your response.
  4. slimseeker
    slimseeker
    I was sleeved last friday with Dr Almanza. I wore solar gel nails and nothing was said about them. I have also drank from a straw since surgery, but I have found that the smaller the straw opening, the better...less air. The hardest part for me before the surgery was not taking my arthiritis meds for 2 weeks, could hardly walk by the time I got to surgery and was really concerned about having to hobble off the recovery bed to my room. As it worked out, I felt no pain from my arthiritis after surgery cause the pain meds they gave me took real good care of that. It has been 6 days now, and I was able to start taking my meds again right after surgery. Good luck and try not to stress yourself out to much about it all.
  5. BindyMae
    BindyMae
    I asked Louise about nail polish & gel nails. She said "okay" to both. I had red polish on m toes and clear gel (French manicure) on my fingers. If your finger or toe nails start turning blue your oxygen level is low.