Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Psychologists - necessary or not for keeping it off

1. JulesH
    JulesH
    I was wondering what value people had going to a psychologist post-op, I am now 24 days post-op and although on the restricted diet I still have a want for the food advertised.. I didnt have to go to the psychologist pre-op and their information talks about dealing with binge eating etc, which I have never done..

Any thoughts appreciated.. and if anyone has had good experiences or knowledge of one on the Gold Coast, Australia please let me know.
  2. December
    December
    I've been using a psych pre-op to help prepare me for the surgery and to assist with my support network (husband, BFF etc) as they have to deal with me over the next few months as well. I haven't discussed binge eating or anything but about my fears post op etc. I think seeing a psych is really useful.
  3. Sammyf
    Sammyf
    I used one post op for a few months which i found quite helpful but I also found that eating fast food made me very ill which quickly put me off. I was sleeved well over a year ago and to this day cannot eat a cheese burger with out it coming up or dumping and making me sick.

If you have fears like that I would absolutely recommend seeing someone. Its good to have a sounding board to put things into perspective. I googled people and found the Wesley Weight clinic in Brisbane had some goo contacts. They may know someone on the Goldy.

Good luck! It does get easier.