Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

1 month out and stuck!!

1. sljt68
    sljt68
    Hey March Sleevers!

I am so frustrated with my stall. I was sleeved March 18...lost 20 lbs...but have been stuck there since April 5...nothing else coming off. Not seeing much in my clothing either. Help any suggestions? Isn't it too early for this?
  2. Camillypoo
    Camillypoo
    I stalled for 2 weeks! I had surgery march 18th as well. It'll start back up again. Make sure ur drinking enough water and eating enough. Your body is in starvation mode and its trying to hold onto what it can. It'll start dropping again.
  3. rgreason
    rgreason
    I had surgery on march 20 th 20 lbs and stuck also sine about april 6 th
  4. srw1279
    srw1279
    I had my surgery March 22nd and I also stalled for 2 weeks just left the surgeons office for my 30 day check up and I am out of my stall just keep it up. This too will pass.
  5. ksosne
    ksosne
    Same here! 5 weeks today and no weight loss for the last 2. In fact I gained back 7 lbs!! I'm very frustrated and ready to start eating nothing but veggies. Really hoping this turns around soon. I'm trying to keep in mind that next year I will have lost quite a bit of weight. It's just frustrating right now!!
  6. karkar56
    karkar56
    I am so glad it isn't just me. Sleeved 3/21, lost 20 pounds and now the scale hasn't moved since April 10th. The other forums talk about the 3 week stall, so I guess we just need to stay the course.
  7. CorbyFit
    CorbyFit
    I had it on March 15 and each week I only lose about 1 to 2 pounds. But you have to make sure you keep up the protein, watch the carbs, drink water and the dreaded word - EXERCISE. Yep. It will take some work. But keep at it. I know I keep thinking that it should just fall off with the little that I eat, but I try to put in the work. I noticed too that if the carbs go up, weigh loss slows down.
  8. lubba143
    lubba143
    I was sleeved March 4th and I have had 2 stalls already. I just up my liquid and protein intake for a few days and the weight will start coming off again. Dont get discouraged u will lose the weight. I and now down 32 pounds.
  9. Sharita
    Sharita
    I had my surgery on the 27th march, have not lost a lb the last 10 days. Doing everything to make the scales move.... But what is nice when I step on the scale.... I don't see the dreaded end of the numbers on the dial anymore! I use a manual scale you see !
  10. Sha
    Sha
    This forum is fantastic as we realize we're not alone in our stalls... But not really having carbs, having lots of proteins and exercising (a bit)... What else can we do????? My scales seem to be stuck, but centimeters (not inches any more) do seem to be coming off! I have to admit, drinking enough is difficult as I have completely gone off all lo-cal drinks, and can't bring myself to drink enough water!
  11. jiffypop
    jiffypop
    I'm having the same proublem. I had my surgery March 27th, and lost 15 lb right after. I haven't seen much change sence that. I have a hard time getting all the water down. does anyone have sugestions with getting 64 oz of water in a day.
  12. sljt68
    sljt68
    Thanks for all the support and knowing I am not alone! I think I am needing more protein! I have upped my protein and water intake..so hopefully that will work. A trainer at my gym also told me working out everyday is too much. She said I need to get my body time to rest and recoop after working out. Another tips was to do less weight like 10-20lbs and do more reps..So do like 10lbs and 40-50 reps. For me I don't want to build muscle til I lose this weight. So increase my cardio to 30 minutes and let body rest some days...I am gonna see what my results will be and let you know..Good luck everyone and thanks!!
  13. Wormie121
    Wormie121
    As for water I try and drink 4 8oz glasses of water and 4 of crystal light. It seems to help the water go down. I stalled for a week but I upped my protein and exercise and 4 came off the next week. I walk vigorously 40 to 60 mins a day and even when I take more than one day off a week I notice it on the scales. I'm about 2 weeks ahead of you all! Keep working at it!
  14. leahmj88
    leahmj88
    Only thing I can suggest is not to weigh yourself everyday. For some reason when I do that the scale never moves then when I wait for a few days I drop some lbs.
  15. healthnut12
    healthnut12
    I was sleeved the 25th of March. I have lost 20 pounds and stalling, too..... Don't be discouraged just follow the plan, drink water and exercise. I figure I did not gain all this weight overnight and it is going to take time and commitment to get it off!!! We all have a great TOOL to get us to our goals!
  16. CorbyFit
    CorbyFit
    So glad to see this. I have been losing about 2 lbs a week. Was sleeved on March 15 and just hit 25 lbs lost. Was bummed when this morning I saw I only lost 1 lb this week. I am going to try to add more protein and more water this week. Last week I increased exercise thinking I'd see a 5 lb loss (was really wanting to hit 30 lbs lost before seeing surgeon today for 6 week post op visit) but alas only 1 lb. But I have to remember, it will come. My body is still adjusting to all the new changes and is in a state of chaos and trying to figure out what the heck I am up to.
  17. JtotheLo
    JtotheLo
    Weight Loss Stall or Plateau
    This article helped me understand what is happening to our bodies. I too had a stall for 4 weeks and I upped my caloric intake from 500 to 800 and lost 10 pounds in two weeks. I was also drinking water and having about 90grams of protein a day.
  18. march13
    march13
    My weight losss has stalled in the past 3 weeks. I also feel I am retaining water because I constantly feel my hands and feet swollen. Is anyone having that same problem?
  19. Snm080799
    Snm080799
    I am so glad to hear others not loosing all kinds of weight. I lost 20 the 1 st 3 weeks and have stayed there for 4 weeks up down 2 to 3 lbs
    Does the fact I do not weight 30 minutes to drink after eating make the difference
    Seems like I can eat more than I should be able to
  20. sljt68
    sljt68
    Well..stick with the Water and watch the Carbs..The scale is moving again for me!! Thank God!!