Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Tight feeling in stomach

1. Mari RN
    Mari RN
    I'm 6 days post op. Seems that when I eat full liquids ie protein pudding my stomach feels very tight. I only eat 2 ounces at a time and eat it slowly. Seems like the clear liquids go down just fine. Protein water is a big plus right now. Any one else having this problem? I would prefer not to eat any more and that's not me.
  2. T-bone
    T-bone
    ur eating you should be liquids only you will blow your pouch your taking 2 much 2 fast
  3. losingweightgaininglife
    losingweightgaininglife
    I'm 5 days post op my stomach feels tight at times also just make sure you're taking your time eating yesterday I was so thirsty and without thinking I took a huge gulp of water not a good idea. If it continues you should call your surgeon hope it gets better!
  4. Leanng
    Leanng
    I am 12 days post op and had a delema about if pudding was a liquid or not. I decided that it wasn't (so I added more milk and made it a shake). Perhaps the pudding is too thick and really fills up your little tummy. When I drink my shakes a bit faster than I should it feels like I've poured too much into a funnel and it takes 15 or 20 minutes to empty out. You might want to put the pudding off for a bit.
  5. DebNC
    DebNC
    Hi...I am 4 days post op, and have only felt that tight feeling when I tried to take a sip of a thick shake....once I dilluted it with milk it was fine...DUH! they told me only "POURABLE" liquids, protein, jello, whatever for the first 3 weeks....and I guess that is why! . Can you thin out your pudding with skim milk or water?
  6. TX Sleeve
    TX Sleeve
    My surgeon permits only CLEAR liquids the first two weeks - concern is not just with soft / liquid / easy passage through the stomach / no blockage to the intestines, but also with how the stomach undergoes greater strains trying to digest anything more complex than a clear liquid, especially so soon after such a major trauma.
    Recommend you SLOW DOWN your progression, and stick to more clear, easily-digested liquids for now.
  7. rowdyrazorback
    rowdyrazorback
    DRINKINg a full glass of tea in about 30 minutes.....about 12 ounces, trying soft foods none tastes any good..one bite a time but nothing tastes good....cant stay on the liquds......6 days post op