Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Introduction time!

1. StephO
    StephO
    It's pretty much mandatory for a new group.. ;]

Introduce yourself! Here's some ideas to get you started!

Name:
    If you're pre-op, where are you in the process?
    If you're post-op, how far along are you, and how are you progressing?
    Favorite hobby?
  2. StephO
    StephO
    Name: I'm Stephanie :]
    Age: 25 (just turned 25 on October 24th... quarter of a century old! When you say it like that it sounds much older, heh)
    Pre-Op/Post-Op? Pre-op
    If you're pre-op, where are you in the process? I'm almost to the middle of my options classes (Kaiser, 3 months long). I'm trying to get into a better diet and have been logging food, and started my vitamins.
    Favorite hobby? I love photography.. maybe not so much as a hobby as the beginning of my own business, but a hobby none the less. I also enjoy scrapbooking, cooking, and road trips!
  3. Carlee18
    Carlee18
    It's pretty much mandatory for a new group.. ;]

Introduce yourself! Here's some ideas to get you started!

Hi Stephanie!!

My name is Carlee, I'm also 25. Im pre- op my surgery date is Feb 15th '12 im superrrrr excited! im currently doing a pre op diet, I have to lose about 35lbs before surgery which has been a struggle lately with holidays, birthday parties and stuff ugh. I do have my eye on the prize and im not giving up! I work and go to school full time so I havnt been able to spend much time doing things I enjoy lately as much as I like to, but during my school breaks I like to do all different kinds of crafts, I love to go swimming, and spend time with my daughter. I also bake cakes for friends and family birthday parties.
  4. mommyducky
    mommyducky
    Hey there, youngsters! I had to join this group before I get too old haha. My name is Lee and I'm 27. I am three weeks post-op and doing great! I am so happy with my sleeve and the weight I am losing. I'm already getting compliments and look and feel better. Getting sleeved was the best decision I've ever made. Well, second best. I also have a beautiful three year old daughter named Elliot and she was my best decision hehe but the sleeve is a close second. I work a lot so I don't have much time for hobbies but some things I really enjoy include reading, writing, music, movies and of course spending time with my little girl. She is the light of my life. Her father and I recently separated and he is living far, far away so it's just us two. My parents are also very supportive and they are the best grandparents ever! I'd love ro meet some fellow sleevers around my age. And good luck to all of you who are still unsleeved. I'm sure you will not regret it at all; it's great! Lots of luck!
  5. Emily88
    Emily88
    Hello
    Name: Emily
    Pre-op! My surgery date is 12/12/11, which is 16 days away! I start my liquid diet on 12/2 which im nervous about..but I cant wait for the big day!
    Hobby: Well I work full time and go to school at night so I am a pretty busy girl! I would say my passion/hobby is hair! I love cutting and coloring hair. The transformation process is so exciting!
  6. StephO
    StephO
    Hi Carlee! Sounds like things are moving along for you! We all have struggles along the way- I know I do! How exciting that you actually have a date to look forward to! I can't wait for that!
    Hello Lee! Youngsters, haha.. you're right there with us! Post op, great!! I look forward to being there, hopefully sooner than later! Cute, Elliot is an adorable name! I'm sure it will be nice to run around with her more! I'm sorry to hear about the split, but glad to hear you have a lot of support. That's definitely important.
    Hi Emily! You're SO close!! I'm jealous! :] How is the liquid diet going so far?
  7. mommyducky
    mommyducky
    Thanks Steph! I am so happy with my sleeve! I already feel so much better and have more energy for my daughter. I feel great and I'm down two sizes and I love my sexy smaller jeans. My confidence level has gone way up. This surgery is fantastic!
  8. StephO
    StephO
    So glad for you! I can't wait to get there and start feeling that :]
  9. StephO
    StephO
    There are a lot of new group members, why don't you guys say hello!? :]
  10. big-daddy of 10
    big-daddy of 10
    Name:erik
    Pre-Op/Post-Op?pre-op start lquid diet on monday...cant wait

Favorite hobby?my favorite hobbys are playing football,coaching football,video games.
  11. big-daddy of 10
    big-daddy of 10
    sorry hit post to soon but hello everyone im a father of 11 great kids 3 sets of twins,and married to my wonderful wife.
  12. Divanina
    Divanina
    Hello!!!

I am 28 a little older than some of you, but still young enough to bein the group! lol
    I am pre-op soon to be post- op! My date is 3/13! I am on full liquid diet now and it is kicking my butt! But I have a goal and that is the key!

I am an English teacher in Houston and I have a 2 yr old boy and a 1yr old girl! They are both my hobbies! I have been married for about 3 years and loving my life.

Nice to mmet everyone!
  13. big-daddy of 10
    big-daddy of 10
    Divanina - hey your making us look old...lol...im in the same boat as you i just turned 29.. good luck on your sleeve
  14. dbcherish
    dbcherish
    Hey All!

I go by D., I am 25 and single with no children. My favorite "hobby" would have to be performance/slam poetry. I am pre-op -- my date is August 16th.

I am Looking foward to hearing from others around my age who have been/will be sleeved.

Cheers!
  15. Ruth Beans
    Ruth Beans
    Hey guys, I'm not new to the forum but I'm fairly new to the group so I figured I'd introduce myself.

Name: My actual name is Veronica, not Ruth Beans haha.
    Pre-Op/Post-Op? I'm 2 months post-op on 10/13 and I think I'm progressing pretty well? Everybody is different so it's hard to compare your progress with other's.
    Favorite hobby? I really love going to the movies. Idk if that's actually considered a hobby, but I enjoy it!
  16. blake2012
    blake2012
    Hello everyone,

Name: Brandie
    Pre-Op/Post-Op?: I'm pre-op, I go for surgery Oct 23, just over a week away!
    Favorite hobby?: I enjoy baking, swimming, and watching disney movies with my son.
  17. blake2012
    blake2012
    Hello everyone,

Name: Brandie
    Pre-Op/Post-Op?: I'm pre-op, I go for surgery Oct 23, just over a week away!
    Favorite hobby?: I enjoy baking, swimming, and watching disney movies with my son.
  18. StephO
    StephO
    Hi Veronica and Brandie! Welcome! :]
    Veronica- so true about comparing, and it's good you don't, it's no good anyways! (though tough not to at times!)
    Brandie- Oct 23 will be here before you know it!!
  19. lilricanliz
    lilricanliz
    Hey guys, Stephanie.

Name: Lindsey
    Curently: Pre-op -Surgery date 12/27/12

Hey guys my name is Lindsey and I am currently a junior in college. My sleeve process began about two years ago. Its only about a month now until surgery and decided to join this group because none of my know what it is like to go through this process. My only hobby right is homework (ugh) and I'm apart of my school's radio station. My goal is to get at least 20lbs off before I go back to school. Other than school I like to photography, I dabble in cooking and baking. After I finish college , I want to work in the legal field where exactly I don't know. Looking forward to hearing others and their journeys through sleeve surgery.
  20. cb1105
    cb1105
    Hello all, I have my surgery in 6 days and I'm so excited to get that part over with! I'm getting rid of the nervous feelings but of course they come back sometimes. I. 24, in grad school and I work for the state. Im excited for this change of life and I'm ready to see the weight loss!
  21. amberbates21
    amberbates21
    Hello everyone!

My name is Amber
    I am 22
    Having my surgery on Feb. 15th!! (Taking forever to get here.)
    I am getting my surgery done with Dr. Almanza in Tijuana, MX.
    I have two kids and my favorite hobby is spending time with them!
  22. thinnerme
    thinnerme
    Hello All! My name is Aimee, I'm 25 and I had my procedure done the 12th of November! I'm currently in grad school pursuing a Master's in Public Health. Currently my life revolves around my schooling, job hunting, and my 1 yr old nephew!
  23. Abs7vc
    Abs7vc
    im Aaron
    post op
    Had my procedure 1/8
    im a RN student graduate in May woot woot
  24. Jenjen5159
    Jenjen5159
    Name: Jen
    Pre-Op/Post-Op? Pre op
    If you're pre-op, where are you in the process? Almost finished! Should have surgery in the next month!
    If you're post-op, how far along are you, and how are you progressing?
    Favorite hobby? Love spending time with my husband and one year old daughter!
  25. Korngal2
    Korngal2
    Hi I'm jenn I'm 27 single mom two kids don't have my date yet
  26. SKgirl27
    SKgirl27
    Hi my name is Nikki
    From Canada.
    I am currently pre-op
    Surgery march 1st with Dr.Ramos Kelly
    No kids yet. Mustering up the courage to go get the VSG.
  27. Ishatina
    Ishatina
    Name: Shetina
    Pre-Op/Post-Op? Pre op
    If you're pre-op, where are you in the process? I recently went to my 1st of 3 required nutrition appointments, insurance required 3 months of monitoring. All I have left to do is a psych eval and ECG
    If you're post-op, how far along are you, and how are you progressing? N/A
    Favorite hobby? Just got engaged in December so one of my favorite hobby is hanging out with the Fiancé...I'm also busy with school getting a second degree, this is more of a forced hobby lol...I also love baking and watching movies!!!
  28. madalto
    madalto
    Hello Ladies and Gentlemen!

My Name is Tycia and I'm 23 years old. I moved to Los Angeles a little over a year ago but was born and raised in Utah. I'm currently pre-op and I have my surgery in 4 days. Eek! I may be nervous but I'm so excited at the same time.

Because I'm paying for the surgery by myself I'm taking a trip across the border. I'm

Right now my hobby is watching movies. After putting all my efforts into work, the gym, cooking and cleaning I don't have time for much more. Chilling on the couch with my boyfriend is the reward for my hard work.

I'd love to get to know more people in this group so feel free to message me if you want to chat
  29. melissa.merrill23
    melissa.merrill23
    Hey Im Melissa

Im 27 and come stright out of Louisiana
    You could say im a country girl who loves the city- Im also a paralegal at a maritime law firm

Im Pre-op March 15th is the day im headed to Mexico.

Hobbies would be doing anything involving the mall or mudd and water, 4wheeling, mud riding, bonfires, jet skiing, tubing, tanning, fishing and basically anything else my 6 yr old son wants to do.
  30. KellyB
    KellyB
    Hi I'm Kelly 29yrs old I am pre-op finishing my 6mnths of being followed this week.I have completed all testing and evaluations except my upper GI and of course pre-op blood work hoping for a April surgery date!!I have 3 kids ages 3-10 they keep me busyI am also married to the love of my life when i am not spending time with them I love to read,browse the internet and talk on the phone!!
  31. DC1245
    DC1245
    Name: D

I am currently in the pre-op stage. My surgery is scheduled for May 1st. My liquid diet starts on April 20th! I am definitely excited to start this new phase of my life. My only concern is how the surgery and school are going to mix. I am currently in grad school working towards my doctorate in Psychology and its a very high stress situation!
  32. Loodi1990
    Loodi1990
    Hey y'all my name is Tasha aka Loodi I'm post-op just been sleeved on May 8th so only about a week into it and loving it very much. I'm 22 yrs old going on 23 this July. I feel I'm adapting very well. My favorite hobby is most definitely Drawing, sketching and using my Wacom tablet. I've been drawing since I was 8 yrs old so I guess you can say it stuck on me pretty darn good since I love it so much. If you wanna know anything else just ask.
  33. raphaelsmuse
    raphaelsmuse
    I can't believe I didn't post on this thread already - sorry folksies!

My name's Laura, I'm 27 years old, I'm current in the pre-op stage, hopefully getting a surgery date today for late June/early July. In the process....just losing weight while I putter along. I'm not into the super crunch time diet like there's no tomorrow, but I am doing my best to stick to 1500 calories, 75-100g protein, ~100g carbs in the meantime. My favorite things to do are craft, cook (which will have to change a bit), and travel.
  34. aggievet2323
    aggievet2323
    Howdy Everyone!!
    My name is Kayla. I am 25 years old and am having my surgery TOMORROW! I am a vet student, two more years until Im a veterinarian!! I love dancing, camping, and hiking with my husband and dog!!!
  35. proudmommi
    proudmommi
    Good Morning, my name is Phylicia. I am 25 years old, and my surgery date is July 2, 2013. I love to read and watch movies, and I have two beautiful girls.
  36. JENUWINE
    JENUWINE
    Hi everyone! My name is Jennifer and I am 27 years old. Today marks my 1 WEEK POST-OP! I won't lie, it kind of feels like it's been a month but this is definitely a process and I'm here to learn and to help anyone who hasn't had the surgery yet and has any questions for me
  37. libellule
    libellule
    Name: Monica
    Age: 29 (barely made it into the group but under 30 is under 30 lol)
    Pre-Op/Post-Op? Post-Op
    If you're post-op, how far along are you, and how are you progressing? I hade my surgery May 23 2013 and so far have dropped 25 lbs.
    Favorite hobby? Well I need a new hobby as my last hobby was food.

It's great to meet all of you!
  38. jillybean22
    jillybean22
    Hey y'all! I'm Jill and I am 23. I am pre-op. I am scheduled for my psych eval next week. We are trying to get this done quickly so I can have surgery before I go back to school. I am going into my third year of pharmacy school..only two more years!
  39. NiniCakes
    NiniCakes
    Name: Nini
    Pre-Op/Post-Op? Pre-Op
    If you're pre-op, where are you in the process? I have my last visit for supervised weight loss on July 24, 2013. We're aiming for a surgery date of August 2013
    Favorite hobby? Spending time with my 2 year old son, Noah

Hey group! I just made it in! Pre-opper from NYC, I hope everyone has a great independence day this week!

Nini
  40. faniie86
    faniie86
    Hi everyone
    I'm stéphanie 27 yrs old, been sleeved on may 2010, so far i've lost around 245lbs now am in the last phase wich consist to go to The gym .:-)
    I'm working and as a hobby i love learning langages and travelling
  41. LexyLutherr
    LexyLutherr
    Name: Alexandra
    Pre-Op/Post-Op? Pre-Op
    If you're pre-op, where are you in the process? I am just getting insurance! I have been through the entire process already for the Gastric Bypass, but it fell through and so I regrouped and decided to do the sleeve instead!
    Favorite hobby? Reading. I read all kinds of books obsessively.
  42. kristen_rdh
    kristen_rdh
    Name: Kristen
    Pre-Op/Post-Op?: Pre-Op
    If you're Pre-Op, where are you in the process?: I have to wait 6 months before my insurance will approve me for the surgery so that puts me March 2014, so I am changing my lifestyle and eating healthy along with exercising. So far down 28 lbs!
    Favorite Hobby?: I honestly love photography, painting, and going to animal shelters.
  43. crazymedic99
    crazymedic99
    Hello everyone my name is Jorge and i am 4 weeks out of Surgery and wow talk about a life change but don't regret it one bit before the surgery i was weighing 489.5 since then i am down to 410.5 and its been awesome a roller coaster of excitment
  44. Amy26
    Amy26
    Hi all!

My name is Amy and I'm 21 years old.

I'm post-op and it's been almost 3 weeks since my surgery. Since the pre-op diet, I've lost 34 pounds! I'm so excited about this, as it gives me a great amount hope for the future.

My favorite hobbies include reading, drawing, watching hockey and playing racquetball.
  45. whovian24
    whovian24
    Name: Katy
    Pre-Op/Post-Op? Post Op 1 month today!
    Favorite hobby? reading, drawing, music, and photography