Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

HI!

1. deesleeve
    deesleeve
    Thought I would try and start a group for anyone living in MA or getting Sleeved at one of our Boston Hospitals! I am being sleeved in January at Brigham and Womens!
  2. shaminthedevil
    shaminthedevil
    Hi,
    I was looking at the boards last night and thinking there was no one from Boston really here and thought about maybe making a group. I am SO happy that you made one first cause now I know that I am not the only one around here. I am getting my sleeve at Mass General in December!!!!
  3. deesleeve
    deesleeve
    Thats great!!!! Do you know anyone else who has had the sleeve?? I know a few who did lap band and a few who did GBP but no one with the sleeve!!!!!! I am nervous but can not wait until January!!!!
  4. Aunt Sue
    Aunt Sue
    I only know people who have had bypass and bands. I was talking to my Psychologist about the surgery, he thinks it sounds better than than those.
    He has counseled people going through these surgeries before, and he said he thinks this could be the thing for me. I have decided, after the holidays, I am going to see my PCP and get the ball rolling.
  5. Munchkin
    Munchkin
    I just had it done at BWH. The nurses there took really good care of me. I have no complain. Surgery was a breeze. Recovery is slow for me.
  6. justforme
    justforme
    Hello everyone! I am from Western MA. I am 13 days away! I am getting pretty nervous. I do not know anyone who has had this procedure. Maybe I will start the trend! Many of my friends are interested but have not made the decision yet.
  7. lindsaywalker76
    lindsaywalker76
    I'm having mine done at MGH in 2 days (the 25th) Crazy how fast the time flew by
  8. Hollywood
    Hollywood
    WHOOOO HOOOO !!!!!!! wow 2 dayz left ........... i go in on the 10th. BAYSTATE Springfield ma. Cant wait to be done and start healing .
  9. deesleeve
    deesleeve
    Justforme, I didnt know anyone who has had the sleeve either! But tons of people are asking me about it!!! How did the surgery go? Lindsaywalker76 how did yours go? Good luck HOllywood!! Dee
  10. justforme
    justforme
    Deesleeve,

Surgery itself went well but was very sick (vomiting) for 2 days after. The 1st week was tough but I feel great now! Thanks for asking. Hope all is well with you!
  11. annabel
    annabel
    I had my sleeve done in August at Faulkner Hospital. I am sure it was the same surgical team as those who go to Brigham and Women's Hospital. I chose the Faulkner because it is less hassle than getting into, parking, etc. than BWH. The nurses and other staff at FH were wonderful.
    I know a few people who have had lap band surgery, but no one else with the sleeve. I think it was the right choice for me. I am having a hard time getting my energy back post-op. Did anyone else have this problem?
  12. lealind89
    lealind89
    hi everyone glad to find someone in my own neck of the woods my surgery is the first week of October at Tobey Hosp in Wareham my MD, is Dr. Kruger cant wait feel like i've been waiting forever but its almost here and I am so ready good luck with your journey's
  13. Elbie
    Elbie
    I am having mine at Faulkner in December. A plus for doing it at Faulkner is that you get a private room. The staff is also really good there.