Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Why do I seem not to enjoy anything that I eat?

1. Rossana
    Rossana
    Since my surgery I dont seem to have any taste, things that I used to love have just lost their flavor.
  2. tracyrabe
    tracyrabe
    I think this is pretty common. They cut out the part of the stomach that regulates your appetite. Nothing tastes good to me either! But I'm o.k. with that . . .Hopefully I won't get back into the same situation that led me to have the surgery. . .
  3. Dyanne4293
    Dyanne4293
    It takes some getting used to. You will learn to eat for nutrition, not emotional comfort.
  4. azladyrider
    azladyrider
    For me at the beginning I was almost afraid to eat cause it would cause problems - now I miss eating - I wanted a pizza soooo bad today and was about to order one from Dominos (thin crust Philly Steak and Cheese YUM) then I stopped myself cause I knew it would be wasted
  5. Big_Luscious863
    Big_Luscious863
    it took me 3 months to get my taste back.
  6. LadybugRN
    LadybugRN
    Things taste different for me too. Part of it is only being able to have a couple of bites. I used to eat for comfort, now eating isn't fun anymore. I'm ok with that because the guilt is gone now.
  7. amelia
    amelia
    yes, I agree. Everything I try taste like crap! Will the taste ever come back? I am 6 days post op. Even water taste like crap!
  8. ksosne
    ksosne
    Only thing I really like right now is apple juice. And maybe those otter pops they kept giving us in Tj!