Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Tattoo vs the pool

1. Lissy
    Lissy
    Hey guys, I was sleeved on feb 7 of this year and I have 6 tattoos. When I get on my computer I will post pics. This site is not iPhone friendly. I had to get one of my tattoos touched up last Saturday before time expired which I did. Also, I booked a trip to Hawaii for my daughter and I at the end of may. After researching how long to wait before chlorine exposure, I have a hot tub that I use everyday, I was shocked to find out that it shouldn't be in the pool or sun for three months. I was hoping to start swimming once the six week recovery was done and I was hoping to get in the tanning bed before my trip so I don't burn. Any suggestions?
  2. jennann5
    jennann5
    If its just a touch up I dont see why you couldnt go into the tub or pool. I never ever tan, so I'm not good with that subject, but I would cover the tattoo for sure if you're going to go tanning. It will ruin it.
  3. fcprincess
    fcprincess
    the chlorine fades the ink and if it's not totally healed it could get infected.
  4. inarakatra
    inarakatra
    I just got a tattoo also and they told me the same thing that fcprincess said, "Chlorine Fades the ink". *Shrug*