Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

So, how is everyone coming along????

1. kimfj2
    kimfj2
    I'm getting frustrated again. Not losing weight for the last two weeks. There is no way I'm taking in too many calories. But, I also don't think I'm getting enough protein. The powdered protein is getting old. I may have to get some of the protein "shots" - no needles, small drinks. I've lost about 44 pounds for far. ABout 40 of it in the first 40 days. I'm worried about eating much. I'm exercising. Just frustrated. So, I am reaching out to my fellow August sleevers to see how you are doing...
  2. Natashasmith
    Natashasmith
    Welcome to my world!! I had absolutly no weight loss for about 2 weeks recently. Finally, I dropped 3 pounds in a day, but it made it's way back onto the scale over the next 3 days. It really is frustrating and I wish I had an answer. Just know you're not alone in the confusion that comes along with all of this. I keep hearing that everyone hits a stall about this time, but that doesn't make it any easier. I was sleeved on Aug. 15 and have only lost 27 pounds since my day of surgery. I'll cross my fingers for both of us that our bodies will kick it into gear and start losing!
  3. kkturnham
    kkturnham
    Glad to hear others are at the same level as me. I started at 296 and was at 280 before surgery. I am now at 254 (26 lbs), had surgery on Aug 30th. I have been feeling like I wasn't loosing as fast as I was told I would. I have a couple friends that ask me often what my weight loss is and I have began being embarrassed to tell them. My doctor said I would have plateau's just didn't know they'd last this long. When you eat 3 meals a day at 1/2 cup and don't loose weight you start thinking "what am I doing wrong". So, I am really glad to know others are at the same loss level as me. : ) Thank you, you have helped me out!
  4. kimfj2
    kimfj2
    I have found help for myself. I started drinking "protein shots." I get them from The Vitamin Shoppe. They have 48-55 grams of protein per 4 ounces or so... I knew I wasn't getting enough protein. Since I started these 5 days ago, I have lost about 4 pounds. I'll take it! They taste pretty nasty, but it's worth it.
  5. tedesco6
    tedesco6
    I, too, hate protein shakes. I make sure to eat at least 10 grams of protein, 5-6 times a day. I mix it up, chicken, fish, eggs, deli meats etc. so it doesn't get boring. Also, make sure to take your vitamins, religiously. I had my surgery on 8/8/11 and have lost 55 lbs. Every person is different, so find what your most comfortable with.
  6. BarrysGirl
    BarrysGirl
    Hello Everyone~~~So glad I came in here...it's just what I am feeling too...I have also recently tried to kickup my protein as I was not getting all of it I needed...so hoping that will be the key to it!!! =)
  7. meme470
    meme470
    My surgery was on the 25th of August. So far to date I have lost 47lbs and over 30". I have a hard time eating much so baby food is still part of my diet, although I can eat some meat. I have noticed that some of the things I enjoyed eating prior to surgery just don't hold interest for me anymore. I work out 4 days a week for about an hour and burn about 500 calories a session. I do take my vitamins I would be useless without them. Recently I noticed that my hair is falling out. I have really thick hair but it still concerns me, I can actually pull a handful at a time out!! I do get my protein shakes in but I am afraid I am still just not getting enough calories in. Anyone else having this problem?
  8. jetsgirl
    jetsgirl
    I had my surgery on the 17th of August and I have had several weeks when I had no weight loss then "pop" lost 8lbs. The hair loss is a big concern for me as well. I too started with very thick hair and now, not so much. I have added Biotin and Vit.B-12, just read that we should also add Silica to that so tomorrow I am headed to the store. Good luck to all and stick with it. I am glad I found this group.
  9. kimfj2
    kimfj2
    Still stalled... again. Well, actually lost a bit yesterday. I was eating too many carbs, I think. So I've cut back on them. I think that is helping.... I need to get back to exercising too. Been crazy busy the last couple of weeks... Hope that will help too. Zumba for me tonight.
  10. zman
    zman
    I have lost 34 pounds since August-I guess that is not so good? I find myself wanting to snack and I eat regular food. Does anyone have any insight on my issues? Also, does anyone think my stomach stretched? I am not 100 percent happy with my results. Things are going very slow for me.
  11. Ta2mama
    Ta2mama
    My weight loss has slowed down a lot, but I will admit I'm not getting enough protein in. Food repulses me, it is very hard to force myself to eat the right things. I still can only get down 2-3 ounces at a time, which I'm thankful for.
  12. Tuliptwy
    Tuliptwy
    7 months out now and have lost 58 lbs. I think this is low, given how some people have dropped over 100 in this time, so I need to relax and understand that this is my body and how it's doing things. How's everyone else doing?
  13. Linda p
    Linda p
    7 month out and lost 80 lbs. I have had 3 stalls. I workout at least 4 days a week for 45-60 minutes. Life after WLS, is so different. I read the label on everything I buy at the grocery store. I feel as if I need to workout more but my husband don't want me to burn myself out at the gym. I have had acid reflux since the surgery.
    I have no regrets. I love my sleeve.
  14. nycbiscuit
    nycbiscuit
    I'm down 117. My weight loss was pretty straight line until December, and since then I have about two weeks of losing/gaining the same two or three pounds over and over again, and then suddenly drop about five lbs seemingly overnight. I'll take it any way it comes, but it can be a real mindf**k for those two weeks that it seems like I'm stalled.

Am surprised by how much I can eat now as compared to a few months ago. Definitely more of a head game now, making better choices.

No regrets. Wonder what took me so long.
  15. Coppers24
    Coppers24
    I still can't eat very much. I'm down 91 lbs, had my surgery on 9/1/11. I find myself not snacking but eating 6 small meals a day. Ensure protein shakes have been a life saver for me with 25 grams of protein I have 2 everyday. I also found at rite aid the protein mix ins from lindora. They have 15 grams of protein and it mixes right in with my water. 2 of those a day and all my protein is in. I have picked it up at the gym, 5 days a week for an hour each time. I really want to be in a bikini this summer!
  16. Gigi1
    Gigi1
    Hi Group, I too had my surgery August of 2011..... I've not met my weight loss goals yet, but still trying. Today I'm going to buy some ensure protein and see if that helps. Anyone else out there feeling disappointed?
    Gigi
  17. Gigi1
    Gigi1
    Hi Group, I too had my surgery August of 2011..... I've not met my weight loss goals yet, but still trying. Today I'm going to buy some ensure protein and see if that helps. Anyone else out there feeling disappointed?
    Gigi
  18. Gigi1
    Gigi1
    Gigi
  19. haymar
    haymar
    Hello is anyone out there from August 2011? How are you all doing?
  20. Cece42
    Cece42
    I'm here, haymar! Still struggling but I came back to the forum so I guess that's a start!