Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

How much can you eat?

1. SeaOtterFan
    SeaOtterFan
    I had surgery 1/21 and I thought I'd be able to eat 4oz at a time (over 30 minutes) but even after a couple ounces my stomach hurts like I'm overstuffed. Is my sleeve too small?
  2. A_New_Meek
    A_New_Meek
    I'm the same way it depends on what I'm eating though but for the most part I'm done after three bites I seem to eat more with the soups
  3. Ali4
    Ali4
    Me too! Only a few small bites and it is only a little bit better with soups. I can't even drink much!
  4. XxdollxX
    XxdollxX
    I was 1/17, and how much I can eat depends on how I chew and how slowly I consume it. But for the most part, no more then 3 to 4 ounces or it gets stuck and I hve to throw the last bite or 2 up.
  5. slapperuski
    slapperuski
    I was sleeved 1/28, just started soft foods, and was able to eat about 1/4cup of turkey chilli before feeling full
  6. Texas Girl
    Texas Girl
    I was 1/15 and for me, it also depends on how I chew and the speed at which I consume my food. I can generally eat about 4 ounces of softer foods, but denser foods are less. Yesterday I had My Fit Foods flat-iron steak tacos on corn tortillas and it was about 2 oz before I was full - 1/2 of their "small lunch". Ha!
  7. Lea
    Lea
    Depends..I can eat 1/2 cup of veggie chili with a sprinkle of cheese melted on top. I can eat a6 oz yogurt with 1/2 a banana...takes me about 45 minutes. 1oz of tofurky deli slices fills me.
  8. DragonsLoard
    I was sleeved 1/12 and I can eat about 4oz, it takes me around 30 minutes. I haven't had steak yet but chicken, turkey and any type of seafood my sleeve seems to enjoy.
  9. Peddlesrn1
    Peddlesrn1
    I was sleeved on 1/18 I can only eat a few bites at a time ...I don't think your sleeve is to small ,I can usually eat like a half of a cheese stick then I wait eat the rest ! Don't drink like a half hour or so before you eat and an hour after! Are you feeling ok if you are I wouldn't worry just take it slow eat more times during the day
  10. JennHug
    JennHug
    I can do about 3 oz. of mashed up tuna with a little mayo, 1/2 c. cott. cheese, about 2.5 oz.tilapia, I had finely shredded chicken salad today, about 2 oz. it was so delish!! I wanted to eat more, but not cuz I was hungry, becuz it tasted so good. Obviously I couldn't though. And that's a good thing.
  11. Sharonlags
    Sharonlags
    I was sleeved 1/10/13... Still only a couple bites or throw up. I'm on Prilosec now
  12. healedheart
    healedheart
    I feel like the minority here. I can eat pretty easily. I have only felt it coming up once and have never vomited. I am sometimes afraid I can eat too much.
  13. Hlydly
    Hlydly
    I was sleeved on 1/8 and I have not found it difficult to eat at all. I have not thrown up any at all, never choked, and never really uncomfortable. I have been concerned that I can eat too much, but have found others on this site like me. I can eat 6 -8 oz of yogurt or oatmeal, 1/2 cup of shredded chicken with hummus. I get hungry about 3 hours after eating and find myself eating 5 small meals a day. I am losing weight, so I am happy! and actually, a slightly bigger capacity will probably be a welcome thing later on!
  14. Survivor
    Survivor
    I also have had no problems eating or drinking. I can do a shake made with 6oz milk, frozen strawberries, and protein powder with no problem. It's more like ice cream. I eat it instead of drinking it yummy!!! 33 g of protein. I can eat at least 1/2 cup of anything like oatmeal, yogurt, applesauce, but the meat I can only do 2-3 oz. It has never taken me 30-60 minutes to eat anything.
  15. Snuggles2764
    Snuggles2764
    I can drink just fine but I can't eat much. Once I take 3-4 bites I'm done
  16. Sharonlags
    Sharonlags
    I'm still having difficulty eatting normal food. I made chicken stir fry with angel hair pasta, my family loves it! I took 2 bites and got sick. I think I didn't chew it good enough, but will this ever change? I don't eat much but take my vitamins everyday. I'm also constantly drinking water or crystal lite iced tea. My sleeve was 1/10/13 down 53 pounds as of today.
  17. ibcopperfire67
    ibcopperfire67
    My family calls me the "four bite wonder"........ Lol. My doctor says its normal and then he said "you're welcome!"
  18. barrybrn
    barrybrn
    I can eat about a cup of yogurt or turkey chili before being full.