Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

How long after approval were you scheduled?

1. Jenjen5159
    Jenjen5159
    I got my approval letter from my insurance company last monday the 11th and it said they approved me for surgery on 2/28...but when I called my dr they informed me that the scheduling nurse would call me to figure out a date...it has now been over a week and I haven't heard anything...I'm assuming my surgery will no longer be the 28th as I don't have time to do a 2 week pre op diet now, but wanted to know how long it took you guys to get your surgery scheduled after being approved?
  2. greifelt
    greifelt
    my surgery was scheduled on the same day that the doctors office received all the approvals. I don't know why it would take them so long to get you a surgery date. But I guess all doctors offices are different. I think I would definitely call them again if you haven't already.
  3. radiationgirl
    radiationgirl
    I was actually scheduled before approvals were official. I had a tentative date 3 weeks before approval. I got approved on the 2nd and had surgery on the 5th.
  4. NV_Angel
    NV_Angel
    I had my consult with my surgeon on 11/30/12 and left with a surgery date of 1/31/13. My insurance didn't approve me until 1/24/13, needless to say I had to push my surgery date. Might call and ask to speak with the scheduling nurse again. Good Luck!
  5. Jenjen5159
    Jenjen5159
    Hmm ok ill call them again tomorrow and see if there's any update! Thanks for the help!
  6. alfasig
    alfasig
    It took about 3 weeks after approval for me. I think it depends on the Dr. and the insurance as to when you can schedule the surgery. I myself liked getting the robocall from BCBS asking about how my surgery went, before I even received the letter :-).I would just call and just check in, when you should you start your 2 week pre op diet, etc.