Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

I'm a patient of Dr. Tichansky's

1. Stayinfocused
    Stayinfocused
    I live in s. NJ Having mu surgery at Jefferson on 2-26-13.
  2. JUDITH
    JUDITH
    oh...HI!! I had my surgery 1-17-13. Have you started the liquid diet yet? He is a great Doctor with a good team behind him. My name is Judith if you have any questions or concerns. I'm going to see him today for my 3 week check up. Whats your name?
  3. Stayinfocused
    Stayinfocused
    Hi Judith,
    My name is Maureen. Nice to meet you. I like Dr. Tichansky and his team as well. I feel very comfortable with him. I'm nervous, excited and scared. How much weight have you lost? I started my liquid diet yesterday. How was your 3 week check up? What was it like after surgery? I just joined/found this site last friday. I wonder why Alise and Michelle don't promote this site.
  4. JUDITH
    JUDITH
    I think there are soo many sites to go on. I did tell them about this one. I feel they are both a bit stuffy...but good and knowledgeable at the job. They are pretty strict about instructions....you can tell neither of them ever had a weight problem!!! ok..I'm jealous!! My check-up went well. It is 4 weeks today and I have lost 32 lbs. 16lbs of it I lost on the pre surgery diet. A week after surgery, I got the flu so that also helped with losing.
    The surgery was fine. I really didn't have any pain and hardly used the morphine pump they attach to your IV. You can press it as many time as you need...so don't worry about begging for pain meds. They will give you scripts for all the meds and vitamins you will need when you come home. I got them filled before I had surgery so they were ready for me. Its MORE liquids when surgery is over for 2 weeks. The team has it down pat so listen to their advice. The 2 week liquid diet was,by far, the hardest thing I have ever done!!! Its amazing how much will power we have when we have to. Dt T's scheduler had it done also. It gave me more confidence in him when I heard one of his staff (who hears about all his patients) also had it.
    I'm a JEFF snob since I work there and have been a patient there before. There is no better hospital!!!! You will receive great care. Dt T's team of doctors are in every day to check on you.
    It is normal to be scared,nervous and all of the above. Did you go to Jeff Doctors for you pre-op visits (cardiologist etc?) By the time you have done everything...you are sooo ready to get on with it!!!!!!!!
    I'm going back to work on Monday...I have been off 4 weeks. My personal e-mail is jacarr8948@hotmail.com. I check it every day. Any questions or concerns, feel free to contact me. I was in your shoes just a few weeks ago!!!
    Good Luck with the diet!!!!
    Judy
  5. lisa1029
    lisa1029
    Hi! Hope you don't mind me joining. I live near Phila. I use to work at Jeff too.. great hospital!! I currently work at Temple where I will be having mine done by John Meilhan on feb 28th. Started the 2 week liq diet today.. Happy Valentines to us huh??!! LOL
    Anyhow, getting a little nervous defintely.. Glad to be able to chat with others in the same boat
  6. JUDITH
    JUDITH
    NO..of course We don't mind!!! Its good to hear from people in our area. All that you are feeling...I have been there!! Soon it will be over..you are almost there!!! This 2 week fast is the hardest part, in my opinion anyhow. Feel free to contact me as well on my personal e-mail. I don't know what i would have done with out this web site and all the positive support. We are all here to get you through this. I'm only 4 weeks out...back to work Monday! Don't hesitate to reach out!
  7. Stayinfocused
    Stayinfocused
    Hi Judy and Lisa,

Judy, thanks so much for the reply and all the info. My Brother works at Jeff too. That is why I choose them. Another women who works at Jeff used Dr. T. That is how I found him. I'm day 4 on the liquid diet. So far, not too bad. Being at work keeps me busy. So, this weekend will be a challenge for me. Congrats on your 32lbs. and going back to work. I didn't use Jeff Dr.'s for getting approval. I did my Pre-Admission testing on Tuesday, also had an appt. with Alise and Michelle that day as well. I agree, they are stuffy. But good at what they do.
  8. JUDITH
    JUDITH
    Hi Maureen and Lisa;
    Yes, the weekends are a little tough with just drinking. I isolated myself from the "eating" world. Its only for 2 weeks so its not bad. I have started to have a life once again. Going out to eat and being more social. I come home with most of my meal but getting out is wonderful. I hope I have the stamina to get through a whole day of work. Keep me posted with your progress...you will start to lose weight before the surgery.
  9. lisa1029
    lisa1029
    So, it's 3am and I'm at work (7p-7a) and this liquid diet is defintely getting easier and easier. Today is Day 4 for me, the first few days were awful, but it's more of a mental/emotional thing than anything. I even got a book from Barnes n Nobles the other night about breaking free from emotional eatting which has been very helpful/inspiring. I have a countdown on my calender at home as well as only 4 night shifts left before the big day!!

So excited and even moreso knowing there's such more support on this site!!
    Lisa
  10. JUDITH
    JUDITH
    Have you tried different flavorings???? I bought a GOOD blender, added isopure vanilla, skim milk,ICE and "TORANI" (amazon.com) flavorings. You are really doing well!! I bitched, complained and whined the entire 2 weeks. Working nights has to be a little better than being around people eating and heating up food in the kitchen at work. You are almost there!!! Keep me posted Lisa!!
  11. Stayinfocused
    Stayinfocused
    Hello Ladies,

Today is day 6 on the liquid diet. Yesterday was a little on the rough side, being my weekend day on liquids. I'm extremely lucky to have such a support guy in my life. He is having protein shakes with me. I get the broth from the cans of soup and eats what is left in the can.
    I too spiced up my shakes. Diet Rootbeer, vanilla whey, vanilla flavor, ff 1/2 & 1/2. They gave me some recipes at Dr. T's office. I'm sure Judy has them, but Lisa if you need them, let me know. I can send to you via e-mail.

Good Luck with your 1st day back to work tomorrow Judy. I work an office job, 8-5. I stay away from the kitchen when people are in there eating and heating up meals.
  12. JUDITH
    JUDITH
    Hello my NJ pals;
    FYI...I have TONS of Torani flavorings...some aren't even opened...you girls are welcome to have them. I will never use them again and they are taking up space. I can plan to meet you with them if you want.
    My first day of work was insane. I was suppose to get out at 7:30 and had to stat to 9:00. The schedulers tend to over book me. I was a little tired but ok.
    Maureen...you are soo lucky your man is supporting you. Don't forget SF popcicles...they were my savior at night when I get the nibbles. You girls are doing GREAT!!! This is the hardest part so stick with it. Please keep in touch...I would like to follow your progress. I'm here !!!
  13. Stayinfocused
    Stayinfocused
    Hi Judy,

Life on the other side is going well, then. SF Popsicles are one of my favorites. I put a few in the blender with Vanilla Whey. I have also added Orange Jello to my Vanilla Whey in the blender too. The Boyfriend came up with that idea. He is also doing the Liquid diet when he is with me. HA! We see each other on the weekends. My Delaware Guy is awesome.

I have lost 8lbs. so far on the liquid diet. Surgery is 1 week from today. Does Dr. T help out with any cosmetic surgery that needs to be done if you want?
  14. JUDITH
    JUDITH
    wow Maureen...you are being creative!! I haven't gone there yet with corrective surgery. I'm sure the office has a name. I've only lost 33, lbs ...mostly in my face....not where I really want it!!. Yes...things on the other side are good. I lost quickly the first 4 weeks since i was only on liquids. I have a feeling now it will be a little slower since I'm eating. What is your surgery date????
  15. Stayinfocused
    Stayinfocused
    WOW Judy ! 33lbs. is AWESOME ! Are you exercising or at least walking? My surgery is next Tuesday the 26th.
    You work at Jeff, right? What do you do? Do you live in NJ? I have only confided in 2 people that I work with regarding the surgery.
    The other people that I work with, don't even know I'm going out on Medical leave. Of course, my Boss knows I'm going to have surgery, just not what kind of surgery. I can collect short term disability from the state. Paperwork needs to be filled out by the Dr.'s Office and my employer. I wonder what the Dr. actually puts on the disability forms.
    I'm amazed at how much weight people on the website have lost in such little time. I hope I'm going to be one of them.
  16. JUDITH
    JUDITH
    No walking or exercise yet....I actually hate them. I'm going to start walking now that Dr.T has allowed me to take the meds for my knee. I was limping pretty bad without them. I didn't tell many people at work either. But it seems the word got out. Do you work in Phila?? At Temple?? I'm surprised PA offers disability. I had to have my own personal plan. I do PET/CT at Jefferson Outpatient Imaging. I'd like to come and meet you after your surgery. I can come in early for my shift and visit you the day after. (WED) What is your last name so I can look you up...let me know if its ok with you. I understand you won't feel real sociable so it will be brief. I don't know what they put on the disability forms..."morbid obesity" is what they put on all the other ones. Boy, that was an eye opener!! The only reason "I lost so much is that I was sick with the flu a week after surgery. Now, i have a appetite..which I'm not happy about!! Keep in touch!
  17. Stayinfocused
    Stayinfocused
    Hi Judy,

I work and live in New Jersey. NJ offers disability. Probably only 1 of the good things about this god foresaken expensive state.
    My surgery is tomorrow. I'm okay now. But, I know I'll be really nervous tomorrow. I'm waiting for my phone call giving me my arrival and surgery time. My last name is Lorenz. Like you said, not sure how sociable I'll be, but stop by if you can. If not, we'll meet soon I'm sure. So far I've lost 11.5lbs on the LD. I'm glad Dr. T finally gave you the go ahead to start meds for your kneed. You'll be walking around and losing more weight in no time. Well, I'll meet you on the "sleeved" side.
    Thanks
    Maureen
  18. JUDITH
    JUDITH
    HI..thinking of you today and wondering how you made out. someone is sick so i have to come in early wed and do a 10 hr shift. Really wanted to come and give you support. Hope you are feeling ok!!!!!
  19. Stayinfocused
    Stayinfocused
    It's official "I've been sleeved" !!!!! Today is day #6 since surgery. Home and feeling better and stronger each day. Dr. Tichansky is awesome. He took very good care of me. The people at Jefferson are so nice and took excellent care of me. It is a great hospital.
    Still on the liquid diet. Trying very hard to get in the amount of liquid and protein required for each day. It is difficult, but getting a little better each day. I did 1 mile on the treadmill yesterday. It took me 38 minutes. Getting back on today as well. All part of my new life and living on the other side now.
  20. JUDITH
    JUDITH
    YEAH!! Glad to hear from you!! On the treadmill already...what motivation! Yes, Dr. T is a great Doctor. I'm so glad you had a positive experience. Let me know if you need anything.