Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

99 Days

1. yourstrulycate
    yourstrulycate
    Until my scheduled surgery! Things just got real! LOL!! I'm super excited, and a little nervous. How are YOU!?!
  2. txbluebonnet
    txbluebonnet
    Working on getting my mind in gear for all the change after surgery. I'm just scared I will go through all of this just to fail again.
  3. Miss Jay
    Miss Jay
    Welcome, Welcome, Welcome May Sleevers!! You have a lot of friends on this Journey, I have met some wonderful people on this site & have gathered lots of information. I keep a journal of info that will help make my trip a success, I am sure the closer I get to May 30th anxiety will probably kick in. But just hang in there... you are on your way Miss Jay
  4. yourstrulycate
    yourstrulycate
    One of the reasons I scheduled my surgery "so far out" was to give myself plenty of time to get my bearings! I am putting together a journal as well which basically consists of nutrition information, goals, food logs, and recommendations for the different phases of being sleeved. I also made up a five week plan to help myself ease into making better choices in regards to food and beverages. I think my biggest obstacle is going to be giving up the soda pop. I'm a true addict and I am dreading the caffeine withdraws. But I also know that there is absolutely NO WAY I want to compound withdraws on top of everything else, so I might as well get it over with sooner rather than later!
  5. duben3
    duben3
    Most likely I'll be scheduled in May as well and I definitely understand the caffeine withdrawals. My favorites of course are soda and coffee, but will start weaning myself off of it now so it won't be so bad then!
  6. txbluebonnet
    txbluebonnet
    Yeah, I have been caffeine free since 1/28/13. It was rough at first but it gets better everyday. I still catch myself thinking "mmmm a soda sounds good". No No No... Next is to give up the carbonated drinks.
  7. duben3
    duben3
    I've heard that you can have soda after you let it go flat, but the fizz is what makes it best! Luckily I drink Crystal Light mostly and an occasional soda, I'll have to remember - it'll take getting used to it.
  8. vsgboston
    vsgboston
    My surgery is May 8th. Over the next two months I have a ton of appointments. I'm a little excited and also a little scared. I was reading a posting earlier today on this site about how a person couldn't get the surgery because the liver too big. I hope that doesn't happen to me. I don't want to wake up and find out I didn't get the sleeve. Are you all going to be on pre-op "liver shrinking" diets? How are you all dealing with telling family? friends? co workers? A part of me feels like I need to tell my coworkers, because they are obviously going to notice. A part of me wants to wait until I actually have it and deal with the questions when I come back to work. Lots to figure out before May!
  9. yourstrulycate
    yourstrulycate
    I was instructed to do a 7 day pre-op diet, which I will start on May 13th (the day before my birthday, grrrr) and I WILL follow to a "t". I do NOT want to wake up and find out that I couldn't have surgery because my liver was too big. That would be horrible!!! As far as telling people...I'm only telling my fiance and my best friend, who has also had WLS (She had lapband though). It's nobody else's business as far as I'm concerned, and I don't need the support. I plan on telling people the truth...I eat less and I exercise more. End of story