Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Feb 1st - How are we doing? What can you give out as far as diet dinner choices? How is the weight loss going?

1. Rachel Idol
    Rachel Idol
    Hey guys just checking in again with you. As of today I am 8 days post-op and 14lbs down from surgey. Right now the only foods I have tried since surgery is Broth, Chream of Chicken (ran threw skimmer), and Cream of wheat. Some times I get pissed off and want real food but I have to just take a step back and breath. I just want something solid but I know thats going to take time.
  2. mojojojo
    mojojojo
    Hey there I'm 4 days post op I have a had chicken soup and water I was surprised that I was able to go and do shopping today I feel really good I'm not tired today either I've lots 5kgs since the op
  3. txgal0337
    txgal0337
    Hi Rachel! I am 8 days out and down 17lbs. I am doing broth, protein shakes (Myoplex premade), jello cups and cream of mushroom or cream of potato (blended) soup. I haven't gotten pissed, but I am definitely bored with my food choices! I would love to take a handful of almonds and go to town. I hope it gets better... just one more week of this and then we can have applesauce. Wahoo!
  4. healedheart
    healedheart
    I am so let down...I am only down 6 lbs since my surgery and I am eating the same things you are. I was on a two week liquid diet and have lost 22 lbs in total. What's wrong with me?
  5. A_New_Meek
    A_New_Meek
    Two days post op and still on liquids, just getting the pain under control so good isn't even on my mind right now
  6. A_New_Meek
    A_New_Meek
    Food*
  7. lindmar
    lindmar
    Healed - I'm down 22 pounds including pre-op which is still ALMOST a pound a day. I think we are doing great!!!
  8. XxdollxX
    XxdollxX
    hello all. I'm 2 weeks post op, and as of Thursday I'm allowed soft boiled eggs and tofu. For the most part, I stuck to drinking as much water as I could, pre-made myoplex protein shakes, sugar free popsicles, tea, milk and these neat protein shots that taste GROSS. The first week I couldn't really stomach warm liquids so needless to say, I stuck with cold drinks. Now I can tolerate both warm and cold liquids. I can't eat an entire egg (they weigh 4 ounces) so I eat half and then the other half maybe 30 min later. so far, all I can say is the clear liquid/only liquid portion of the post-op diet sucked hard. Oh! And if your having issues with bowel movements, get benefiber! Its tasteless and I add it into my water. Also, I read somewhere that Smart Water is better for us to drink because it has more electrolytes. I have no clue what that means but my surgeon saw my bottle and said he was glad I was drinking the right water. I'm also keeping up with my weekly B12, chewable bariatric multivitamin, biotin and calcium. Hope that helps!
  9. Shrinky Dink
    Shrinky Dink
    Healedheart, i wouldnt be too let down, everyone is different and I have read so so so many people who are or have been in the same boat and by the 3 or 4th week it suddenly drops off hang in there hun and make sure your drinking enough water xxx
  10. Texas Girl
    Texas Girl
    Healed heart, I'm like you! I was only down 6.4 lbs as of the 2-week mark. We all lose differently!!

For me, as of this morning, I'm down 9.2 lbs, so week 3 has been much kinder to me than week 2 was. Tuesday will be 3 weeks.

I am feeling great, but I think that's in major part due to the B12 shot I got on Wednesday. I was very lethargic until I got that, and now I feel like myself again. I have great energy and am able to partake in lots of fabulous outdoor activities! Yay!

I am so excited to start soft foods at 3 weeks. It feels like forever since I've actually eaten real food!
  11. alanna
    alanna
    I was sleeved on 1/24, so a little less than 2 weeks. I'm down 14 lbs as of this morning, and feeling good. Still on liquids, and I am so ready for some real food. I've been craving hard boiled eggs all week.