Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Pre-Op Diet

1. HoosierGirl
    HoosierGirl
    What will your pre-op diet be? When do you have to begin the diet?
  2. Jenjen5159
    Jenjen5159
    Mine will be two weeks and will be all liquid
  3. amberbates21
    amberbates21
    2 week liquid diet!! It feels like its going to be soooo difficult.
  4. Nickijo
    Nickijo
    Mine is two weeks of shakes for breakfast and lunch and salad with 3oz of protein then three days of clear liquids. I have decided to start the pre-op diet tomorrow even though surgery is February 1st. Already missing food how sad its that?
  5. Jasmine
    Jasmine
    Mine is also all liquid for 2 weeks! I start on Feb 1 for a surgery date of Feb 14th.
  6. Wsprurname71
    Wsprurname71
    My pre-op diet will start January 21st and will be the Opti-Fast program. For the first 12 days I am allowed 3 shakes 1 soup and 2 bars. The last 2 days is 5 shakes and 1 soup each day. Won't be easy but I am committed to this process and all that comes with it.
  7. Wsprurname71
    Wsprurname71
    Good Luck Jasmine I'm sure you will do great on the pre-op diet. Nickijo it's not sad it's who we are. I will also miss food but always remember someday (although in much much smaller quantities) you will be able to have some of your favorites again. Enjoy your weight lose time and revel in the new life you will be starting for yourself.
    Amber I have no doubt it will be very difficult but we will all be here for you if you need some encouragement!
    No bars or soup Jen?
    Hoosiergirl looks like we have the same surgery date!! What is your pre-op diet?
  8. Jasmine
    Jasmine
    Thank you Wsprurname71! I will miss eating also, Nickijo, but we'll still be able to enjoy eating . . . . Just a smaller amount!! (That's what I'm telling myself.). Good luck on your surgeries!!
  9. Jenjen5159
    Jenjen5159
    Not from what I understand I know no bars for sure but maybe soup since its a liquid
  10. Wsprurname71
    Wsprurname71
    Jen,
    That's really strange. I can have the 2 bars and a packet of soup everyday for the first 12 then just 1 packet of soup for the last two of course that is along with 3 shakes for the first 12 days then 5 shakes. I would love to know why all the pre-op diets are so different and are they really achieving the same end result. I know this Opti-Fast program is expensive and wonder if there is a less expensive option out there.
  11. JohnWO1972
    JohnWO1972
    I started my Liquid diet on Monday Jan 14th for a surgery on January 21st. Due to my Red Blood cell count being elevated, I've been rescheduled for February 18th. Today, I'm back to solid foods. I was able to have 4 meal replacement shakes a day, one cup of low sodium chicken broth and all the Sugar Free Jello and Popsicles as I wanted. I didn't find it extremely difficult keeping with the liquids except, on Tuesday when we had a Pot Luck for a Co-Worker who is leaving our department. Needless to say, I stuck with it and felt really good. I'll start all liquids again on February 11th.