Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Welcome

1. KnittingNan
    KnittingNan
    Hello everyone. I'm new to these forums, and noticed there wasn't a group for the Hoosiers yet. I didn't grow up a Hoosier, but I live here now so I'll claim the state with pride. I'm in the "getting insurance approval" stage of the process. Psych evaluation next week, last step for now. I'm not at my highest weight ever, thank goodness, but I look forward to getting healthier more effectively.

Stop by and say hello!
  2. AmyLess
    AmyLess
    I'm in the beginning stages as well. Have had my consult, first tests, first visit with the dietitian, psych eval, first pre-op support group (of 2 mandatory). I have to go back and do 2 tests that were not submitted correctly by the lab.

I have another appt with the dietitian and the surgeon on the 11th of July; another support group on the 21st. I guess that's when they will submit everything to insurance.

I'm not at my highest ever, either. That was in 2007 when I hit 225. I've actually lost 7 since April, and since I am actively logging food for the dietitian, most of that has been recent.

Oh, and I'm a knitter, too. Machine knitter. Have 6 of them.
  3. skyblew
    skyblew
    Hello, I was approved and go July 20th for my pre-op surgery testing. Then I can schedule surgery. I think August 8th or 10th will be my surgery date. I am trying to learn what others are eating pre-op and post-op. I will have surgery at IU North. I can't wait.
  4. IndplsEric
    IndplsEric
    Greetings fellow Hoosiers!!!

It is T-minus twelve days and counting until I get sleeved. I'm finding it very difficult to adjust to the pre-op diet right now...looks like hunger will be a regular companion over these next several days. I just keep reminding myself why I am going thru this and that I actually want (or is it more of a need?) to go through the surgery and become a lot healthier than I am today.
  5. Rarify
    Rarify
    Hello Hoosiers!!

I had my surgery on the 21st of September 2011. I was afraid to get excited about the surgery until it actually happened, just in case something came up. I had a great recovery in the hospital despite the fact that I left the hospital weighing one pound more than I went in. I stayed at that weight for two days. By day 5 (today) I am down 10 pounds. I have no appetite and the hardest thing after surgery is forcing yourself to eat the required protein and fluids.
    So is there any one else who has already had the surgery. IndplsEric, it looks like you would of had the surgery already. How is post-op going?
  6. ShellBell33081
    ShellBell33081
    Hello fellow Hoosiers! I am considering the sleeve. Unfortunately, my insurance sucks and only pays a lifetime of $10,000 for WLS. Because of this I have decided to go to Mexico and self-pay. I haven't decided which surgeon and am grateful for all of the wonderful information on this site.
  7. JustLike1978
    JustLike1978
    Hi everyone. I've just started the process, have had my initial visit with the doctor and dietian. I'm excited and scared all at the same time. Any words of advice will be greatly appreciated!
  8. fernmom
    fernmom
    Hello from Louisville,Ky we have no chapters yet. Friday march 29 is my date fri surgury. i am having a gastric sleeve done, Dr. david Geller is my doctor and am very glad to have him in my corner.
    any hints or advice is always welcomed here. Have a Happy Easter everyone.
  9. Poisonivy005
    Poisonivy005
    HELLO ALL!!!!!

I'm in Franklin and will be going to the Weight Loss Center at Saint Francis south campus. I have my first appt on the 21st...so I'm just starting this process! I'm so excited by looking over everyone's stories and photos! Just amazing!!!!

I'm 33 years old, married with a 5 year old. I work with the IN National Guard...but I'm NOT a guardsman! lol But I'm totally not in a good place when I have all these soldiers around me and I'm the biggest one in the room. So here's hopin to CHANGE!!!!