Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Scared it's not going to work

1. deb-e
    deb-e
    Hi All!! I am new to this group. I had my lap band for 7 years & was successful at first but then started medical having issues. So here I am., my band is gone & I have this sleeve. It's scaring me to death that I don't have my band anymore .... I know medically it had to come out but mentally it was my crutch.
    My body isn't reacting the same way it did after the band surgery. After the band surgery I wasn't hungry at all & right now I'm 2 weeks post op & hungry. The band always gave me a stop that I'm not getting with this sleeve.
    Has anyone else had this experience or am I doing something wrong??? Any insight or success stories would be helpful.
    Thanks!!
  2. ninaricci46
    ninaricci46
    Had my band to sleeve revision 3 weeks ago. Give it time. Its a whole different ball game.. With the sleeve you can at least eat.. sometime to come only small bits. You new stomach is 20% (approx) of your old original stomach. You will have to feed it with good food as the "slide" effect on the band will not work with the sleeve. When you feel hungry, drink or sip sip sip on a protein shake or water or peppermint tea.

There are heaps of success stories of the sleeve, but like the band, this one is also a tool but a more realistic tool.

Hang in there, make sure you get enough calories in per day to maintain good health and slowly introduce little bits of new foods. I am still on baby food and introduce one new kind of food per day to make sure my new sleeve can handle it...

It blows up at times and it feels like an itch you cannot reach (for me anyway) and quickly lets you know if the food was good or not....
  3. storick
    storick
    Hi Deb. I to had the lapband for 6 years had medical issues and went with the sleeve april 30th 2012. I know that feeling of not having the restriction. It is a very scary. I wish I could say I am having success but Im not.I do follow the diet, I get all my protein in but I can say I do not drink enough water.i am going back to the dr this Wednesday for a check up. My problem is having that full feeling and the restrction and with the sleeve you dont get that. I have to stop comparing the 2 because they are 2 totally different tools. I think once we get our mind set with that we will be on the right track. I wish you great success and hang in there I have seen alot of people have great results with the sleeve. Please keep us posted.
  4. Lalena
    Lalena
    I've had my lapband for only 1,5 years. I didn't lose alot of weight with that method because i couldn't eat anything normal like bread, meat or veggies but i made up for that by eating icecream and chocolate. So i got very frustrated and decided to revise to the sleeve. I'm very happy i did. It's ben 10 months now and although i'm not losing weight fast, at least i'm losing it. I've lost 44 pounds so far with another 44 to go. I can eat normal, but im full up quickly. I wish u all the best and hope you're used to it soon.
  5. deb-e
    deb-e
    Thank you everyone for your responses. I've been stalled at the same weight for a week now & it's getting into my head. Lol. I need to stop comparing the two experiences.... time to work with the tool I have now. Thanks again & please keep us all updated with all of your journeys as well! !!
  6. deb-e
    deb-e
    Thank you everyone for your responses. I've been stalled at the same weight for a week now & it's getting into my head. Lol. I need to stop comparing the two experiences.... time to work with the tool I have now. Thanks again & please keep us all updated with all of your journeys as well! !!
  7. deb-e
    deb-e
  8. deb-e
    deb-e
  9. deb-e
    deb-e
  10. deb-e
    deb-e
    Oops sorry… new to this. Let's see if I can delete some of those. Lol
  11. katharine
    katharine
    Hi, I am having the same issues as you guys!!! Upddates anyone? My revision was 10/26/12.... had some weight loss than nothing.... How are you guys doing now? Thanks!
  12. Band2006needsleeve2012
    Band2006needsleeve2012
    How you get past the stall and begin lying agin