Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

First post;)

1. Raysmom
    Raysmom
    Hi everyone!
    I a new to this site and was looking for peeps who have had the band and went on to get the gastric sleeve. I was banded in May 2007 and have not lost much at all. Have had many unfills and re-fills and the nurse practitioner who des my fills brought up the sleeve. Whenever I get a cold or my period for some reason my restriction is greaer and at times gurgle on liquids...needless to say I no longer enjoy any food..especially eatin out. I proclaim myself as a self made bulemic because I can get any food out that is stuck. Surprisingly no damage done to the band but I have had it. I have lost approx 16 pounds in the last 5 years. Please, if anyone has had a similar situation and has been sleeved I would love to read your exprience. Thanks
  2. Nanie Girl
    Nanie Girl
    I started at 265 and was never able to get below 208 -- when I was sleeved I was back up to 222. So danged depressing to pay all the $$$ and not do any better than I did. Not to mention the constant vomiting. Once you've had carrots up in your sinus' you've really lived.

I was scared to death that I had slipped my band, and was so happy when I awoke from surgery to find that everything went smoothly. Can you imagine how much weight I could have gained back in the six months to heal!

I'm not losing as fast as I thought, but I am down 18 - 19 lbs, I haven't lost anything in 3 weeks but it will come eventually. Hopefully after the end of the current tax time, I'll be able to get my butt out and about a bit more.
  3. HopeFaith
    HopeFaith
    I had my band removed and sleeve put in on 12/28/12. I am recovering but not as quickly as with the band. The band was installed 12/21/10 and I lost about 30 lbs. The post op diet leaves a lot to be desired, I forgot how lovely it was to be on clear liquids and soft food. My struggles include getting my water and protein in - but that is my sole goal at this point.
  4. abequa2000
    abequa2000
    Banded in 2010 was not good had to be fixed 2 times and went from 268 to 205 sick most of the time and esophagus trouble now. so my Dr is removing the band and doing the sleeve on 9TH April i am doing my 2 weeks liquid now.