Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Joanne1958

Calories

Rate this Entry
Just curious to see how many calories people are getting in on a daily basis and how far out you are. Thanks!

Submit "Calories" to Digg Submit "Calories" to del.icio.us Submit "Calories" to StumbleUpon Submit "Calories" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Im 2 months as of today, but Im struggling to get in 500. I think thats why my weightloss has slowed. Great question, Im curious to know about others also.
    I am 7.5 months out and I am around 1000 more or less, but probably more.
    It depends on my activity level, and on the day. Still there are days in which I struggle to eat and days in which I would eat a lot more than 1000

At 2 months I was struggling to ramp up to 800, Protein bar helps a lot to get protein and calories. I do not like many of them, my favorite are Think thin for post workout (20g protein 230cals) and I LOVE power crunch for my soul (12-14 gr of Protein 200 cals).

Keep up with the good job
    I am three weeks today and I am also lucky to get in 500 a day.
    I'm almost 11 months out and it is way too easy to get the calories in! I try to stick around 1200 calories but there are days I go over that. I'm not exercising as I should which is why my weight loss has stalled but 88 pounds lost is nothing to cough at either. I love MyFitnessPal.com for helping me keep track of calories eaten and exercise burned.
    Ok - this question made me curious...is it because some of you get sick that you do not get in the calories that you should...or is it because you are just not hungry. For me - being a pre op person - I can't even imagine living on 500 calories a day....are the protein shakes just not fattening at all? And does everyone's nutritionist help when they are only getting 500 calories? Just wondering because that makes me nervous.
    Karenricha, after surgery you will get full immediately, you stomach is smaller and swallen from the surgery. Also you dint need to eat or drink ever. At the begginning it is a big work to eat. At least for many. For me drinking has not been a problem ,but I struggled a lot getting to a decent amount of cal. But when the swalling went down and I started a hard workout together to found the food I liked then it got easier.
    Before surgery 500 calories were a diet meal for me.
    Between 900 to 1100. I try to work out at least 3 to 4 times a week for an hour as well.
    For me I'm just getting to where I can get over 500 cal. but each day is not the same. I still do better with foods that are more liquids. But struggle finding the things that Me and the stomach like beyond that.still struggleing with, am I full, Is this enought. Is it to much these kinds of things. For sure I'm finding out, we are not all the same on this journey.
    i think its normal to only take in about 500 calories at first...but as your stomach heals you will be able to consume more calories. I take in about 900-1000 a day and im 2 months out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Karenricha
    Ok - this question made me curious...is it because some of you get sick that you do not get in the calories that you should...or is it because you are just not hungry. For me - being a pre op person - I can't even imagine living on 500 calories a day....are the protein shakes just not fattening at all? And does everyone's nutritionist help when they are only getting 500 calories? Just wondering because that makes me nervous.
    If you would have told me before surgery that I would only take in 500 calories a day I would not believe it. I eat three meals, 1 snack and 1 protine shake. The meal is 1/2 cup cottage cheese (thats it!) the protine shake is 110 calories and snack is usually a SF popcicle or non fat frozen yogart. I take all my vitamins and that helps. You get full really fast!
    I am one month out and I restrict myself to 900 a day. I say restrict because my capacity is pretty big for a sleever- a least a cup per meal. I keep my meals to 3/4 or less.
    I am over 3 mos out and I have to really work to get the amount of calories in I need a day, these calories ranging from 600-900 a day. Many days I drink some of my calories. At least I am getting the liquid I need in, but it is a challenge. You will be really surprised at how little will fit into your tummy. I also find that I have days where it seems I can eat more than others. I do use myfitnesspal and that really helps me see where I am at with my calorie intake from day to day. There are days when I get to the end of it and I am shocked that I have only gotten 600 in, because I didn't feel hungry all day. It has been hard for me because you really don't lose much weight unless you take in more toward 1000 or more a day. It is a very weird place to be in and definitely part of the journey in relearning how your new body operates.
    Thank you everyone I appreciate your input I'm a month out and get between 600 and 800 cals in. I too use myfitnesspal and love it. I have been stalled for over 2 wks now, so just wondered if I wasn't getting in enough or getting too much! Erina how much weight have you lost? I'm down 30 lbs. expected to be down more than that..I don't know why expected it but did. Thanks again!! Good luck on your journeys and God Bless!!
    500-700 a day. I'm 3 months out
    @Karenricha you will know exactly what we are talking about once you cross over. Sometimes I eat and I chew much food so well and by the time I get to the third bite I'm soooo stuffed that my belly is poking out, the same way I felt when I would overeat at a family bbq or Thanksgiving. Except now you have a horrible feeling of something stuck on your throat that has to come out. Before I would try to force it just so I can get my calories and boy is that a mistake. I feel miserable afterwards alot of people tell me to eat slower and that should help, but taking 2 hours to eat a half cup of chili is sooo annoying and then the food is cold. It's a trial and error process, I'm still pretty early so I'm trying to figure this thing out. But we will be fine in the end it just takes time.. it's definitely not a quick fix.. good luck!
    JoAnne1958; I have lost 42 lbs in 3 mos. 2 wks time. I thought it might be a little more for me too, but I am losing still and the inches are definitely coming off. My biggest challenge is just making sure I get healthy calories in everyday.